Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many runs do you get out of your blower belt? What blower and how much boost?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Depends on which belt you use, i run GT Carbon belts 55% over 8000 RPM's Littlefield 10/71. Have almost 60 runs on it. 35 psi boost, you will find alot of variables.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was getting 2-3 runs from a gates 50mm powergrip belt at 71,000 rpm (I just finished installing my new ASP pulleys , idler and 62mm polychain carbon set-up 5 minutes ago)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I had an ASP 30mm setup. I was spinning the blower about 60,000 rpm making 15 pounds of boost and would get 12 to 18 runs out of a belt. When I put a smaller blower pulley I didn't have very good luck keeping a belt on past 3 or 4 passes.

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
I was getting 2-3 runs from a gates 50mm powergrip belt at 71,000 rpm (I just finished installing my new ASP pulleys , idler and 62mm polychain carbon set-up 5 minutes ago)

BBC / F2 right? Pics? Details? Never heard of that setup. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I run the 14mm GT belts on a roots blower , as long as the engine is happy the belts can last a long time . Detonation is hard on them though .

·
Registered
274 Posts
[/IMG]
I sent my old pulleys in and had the same ones remade with the correct polychain teeth for the carbon belt and 5 mm deeper on the idler and crank 7mm deeper on the blower pulley 1000.00 investment that should pay off I hope (sorry I struggle getting the picture from photobucket to come up on forum)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts