Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
old 2 stroke detroit diesels used blowers + turbos together, but not plumbed like that. going to call b.s here and say that the turbos are just there for show + the intake pipes are plugged inside so no air even goes through the turbos at all. or i could be wrong.

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Needs to be taller!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know the guy who owns this car. He also owns the Silver truck with the double blower system and the 55 chevy with the twin turbos. His name is Brad. He has won the World of wheels a few times with the Camaro. I just seem to like the camaro with just the blower. The turbos make it look to cluttered.

·
Registered
195 Posts
looks like alot of $. nice car though. wouldn't want to have to set the valve lash - would take half the fuckin day to get the rocker covers off

·
Registered
13,312 Posts
I thought it had been done on one of the factory supercharged mustangs in one of the ford mags.

·
Registered
195 Posts
the only way it would work well is if the hat fed air only to the inlet side of the turbo, and the top of the carbs got only pressurized air from the turbo. after looking at the pic again noticed it may be set up that way. hard to tell.

·
Regulator
35,437 Posts
what going on guys nobody saw the funny gas! or are the carbs just a air hole who cares it dont work!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looks like all for show. Turbo blowing into the "injector" spacer over the carbs, cheezy throttle cable hooked to carb linkage to open "injector" butterflies, and why bother with bringing inlet air to turbo from non-functioning hat? Turbo/Roots blower combos have been done successfully over the years, tractor pullers did 'em for a while, and Chase Knight ran a dragster set up that way and did well with it. :cool: JB

·
Registered
877 Posts
I know the guy who owns this car. He also owns the Silver truck with the double blower system and the 55 chevy with the twin turbos. His name is Brad. He has won the World of wheels a few times with the Camaro. I just seem to like the camaro with just the blower. The turbos make it look to cluttered.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
john urist with hellion turbo system sells a twin turbo kit for the shelby mustangs. that already have a blower. feeds the blower, and doubles the boost!! dynoed 1 that made [email protected] wheel,with just 17 lbs boost!! and prolly kill this poor camaro!!:cool:

·
Registered
705 Posts
all that money spent on that engine combo and car and it has drum brakes on the back. Was surprised to see that.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts