Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I run a small tire camaro, 540 f-3 with a apd blow through and a holley dominator for ignition and data logging. I love the carb it runs great, drives great, starts great. Made 2400hp and now its probably making around 2600. I don't see me switching to fi any time soon
What MPH and ET to the 1/8 mile at what weight???

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
3150 with me in it. Just made a pulley change to better my 60' and 330, but so far [email protected] with a 1.29 60'
Do you run a Grid? my son and I have been Crew Chiefing two Street Outlaw cars. Both run 14-71 high helix blowers. One is all fiber glass so we have to run small tire in big tire class. The other is big tire. With your MPH you should be running at least 4.40's. Just have to work on that first 70-80 feet. From my experience I think your short of the 2600 hp. The 2400 might be closer. An't easy for sure, have fun.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Do you run a Grid? my son and I have been Crew Chiefing two Street Outlaw cars. Both run 14-71 high helix blowers. One is all fiber glass so we have to run small tire in big tire class. The other is big tire. With your MPH you should be running at least 4.40's. Just have to work on that first 70-80 feet. From my experience I think your short of the 2600 hp. The 2400 might be closer. An't easy for sure, have fun.
I run a holley dominator and coils to control my ignition and data log, Apd carb for fuel. I just made a big pulley change and added a bell because I was only making 5-6 psi on the trans brake. I am spinning the blower just short of its max rpm now. Now it can make all the boost it can ( especially down low where I need it ) and ill be able to control it with timing. You are correct about the power numbers and times hopefully these changes will get me where I want to be.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nice! I think that pro-boost pump is like 13 gpm. I thought pump would need to be like 19 gpm would need to be bigger for that hp number, but they say they have guys making 3,000 hp with that pump. You only have the 1 blow off valve?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I run a holley dominator and coils to control my ignition and data log, Apd carb for fuel. I just made a big pulley change and added a bell because I was only making 5-6 psi on the trans brake. I am spinning the blower just short of its max rpm now. Now it can make all the boost it can ( especially down low where I need it ) and ill be able to control it with timing. You are correct about the power numbers and times hopefully these changes will get me where I want to be.
You didn't say if your running a Grid. If not, you need one and also ability to data record a "G" meter. Those two items will be your best friends to maximize your 60'. We make 6-7 timing changes in that first 6/10 to 8/10 th of launch. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
You didn't say if your running a Grid. If not, you need one and also ability to data record a "G" meter. Those two items will be your best friends to maximize your 60'. We make 6-7 timing changes in that first 6/10 to 8/10 th seconds of launch. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You didn't say if your running a Grid. If not, you need one and also ability to data record a "G" meter. Those two items will be your best friends to maximize your 60'. We make 6-7 timing changes in that first 6/10 to 8/10 th seconds of launch. Good luck and have fun.
No grid, I run a holley dominator (ignition not carb) it has a g meter on it. Ive made the changes needed to get my short game down. I just need to get it out and test it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Have you had any issuses running a blow thru deal on M1? I've heard it has it's challenges.. Are you doing any other fuel enrichment with nozzles on the intake runners? I'm trying to figure out my fuel feed needs.. Are you happy with the Holley Dominator? I'm "converting" from nitrous to boost, crank driven F1X-12R on a big block Buick.. Has a complete Grid Ignition, no extra data logging, so I might sell it and go with the Holley....Thanks for sharing your info....If i could go Blow Thru, i might actually be able to have enough cash to finish this project.....
Gary G.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Have you had any issuses running a blow thru deal on M1? I've heard it has it's challenges.. Are you doing any other fuel enrichment with nozzles on the intake runners? I'm trying to figure out my fuel feed needs.. Are you happy with the Holley Dominator? I'm "converting" from nitrous to boost, crank driven F1X-12R on a big block Buick.. Has a complete Grid Ignition, no extra data logging, so I might sell it and go with the Holley....Thanks for sharing your info....If i could go Blow Thru, i might actually be able to have enough cash to finish this project.....
Gary G.
Gary this APD carb pump and regulator have been awesome. It fires right up, a/f stays right where I want it, drives smooth. APD really has this whole fuel system figured out, I don't plan on swapping to fuel injection anytime soon. I do have a fuel enrichment nozzels but have never turned it on and don't see any need to ever. The dominator and smart coils have been great also. I tried running a grid and msd8 but had some issues with it breaking up so switched to the dominator over the winter and its been greart. Everything is in one box now, no more racepak msd gid everything is in one now.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Gary G.
Gary this APD carb pump and regulator have been awesome. It fires right up, a/f stays right where I want it, drives smooth. APD really has this whole fuel system figured out, I don't plan on swapping to fuel injection anytime soon. I do have a fuel enrichment nozzels but have never turned it on and don't see any need to ever. The dominator and smart coils have been great also. I tried running a grid and msd8 but had some issues with it breaking up so switched to the dominator over the winter and its been greart. Everything is in one box now, no more racepak msd gid everything is in one now.
Whose enrichment nozzle system? Did you install it because you thought u would need it? Or was it with a different carb not the new apd?
What issues with grid and Msd 8? Was it not enough spark?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
You didn't say if your running a Grid. If not, you need one and also ability to data record a "G" meter. Those two items will be your best friends to maximize your 60'. We make 6-7 timing changes in that first 6/10 to 8/10 th of launch. Good luck and have fun.
Are you using the launch retard curve to do this?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Travis Quillen does a mechanical system that is night and day ahead of any blow thru alcohol setup. Couple that with a Haltech VMS for your dash, logging, engine timing control and ignition (if you choose COP). Your way ahead and wont melt pistons all the time like blow thru alky does above 2000hp without additional mechanical enrichment nozzles in the runners.........
He said he's not doing it anymore

·
Registered
267 Posts
Whose enrichment nozzle system? Did you install it because you thought u would need it? Or was it with a different carb not the new apd?
What issues with grid and Msd 8? Was it not enough spark?
Its from speed tech but again I have never had the need to use it and don't ever see a time when I will have to. I installed it when I started the build last year because I was reading old stuff on here where people swore a blow through methanol carb wouldn't work passed 2000hp and you would melt pistons and bla bla bla. Bottom line is apd has this figured out and tons of top dragster, top sportsman, and other high end cars are making well over 2000hp all day long.

With the MSD stuff it was popping and cutting out. I believe I just had a bad box or something. On the engine dyno it did fine and never missed a beat. But in the car I had the issues so I decided to switch to cop and consolidate all my ignition and data logging into one box instead of three.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Travis Quillen does a mechanical system that is night and day ahead of any blow thru alcohol setup. Couple that with a Haltech VMS for your dash, logging, engine timing control and ignition (if you choose COP). Your way ahead and wont melt pistons all the time like blow thru alky does above 2000hp without additional mechanical enrichment nozzles in the runners.........
That's incorrect information. Maybe it was the case 6 years ago, but not anymore.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts