Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's the company to go with on blow thru carbs, anyone out there running one experience with them good bad??? Doing research and every company claims to make the baddest carb out there for blow thru, C&S look like they have an insane carb. This is for a SBC 400 ci setup with twin GT42 -74 mm air to air intercooler. Suggestions on size (cfm) and also upgrade (ie. do i need the electric float bowls and all the super trick goodies). This is my first attempt at one of these figured there would be far more knowledgeable people on this site with tried and true experience. Thanks in advance for any help and assistance.

- Joe

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
CSU and C&S are some of the best. Talk to Kevin (CSU) or Roger (C&S). The only thing you may need is a dual needle and seat bowl. (Check out the new EV Pro Bowl) and I would suggest a belt drive fuel pump.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bob at Carb Shop will help you.He takes your info,builds the carb,and putts it on the dyno engine so its right when you get it.All of your fuel curves will be right.All im saying is they dyno there product so you cant go wrong by going with them.There the ones that really started the blow thru.......then kevin left and started his own business [csu]at his house.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
See sig... Carb runs flawlessly! Car will go in the 7's this year without question! Also this car is driven on the street regularly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 2 friends with CSU carbs that's the way I was leaning either them or C&S. Like I said talked to most of them and they seem to be very very helpful from all the companies, which makes the decision hard to make, cause I normally go with the company with the best customer service and all of these guys have been helpful when I call regardless of the fact that I haven't even purhcased a damn thing from them yet.

No one has run a Pro Systems??? I was gonna call them because of their claim to have the fastest carburators on earth. Saw that and was like I wanna be the fastest. :)

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
No one has run a Pro Systems??? I was gonna call them because of their claim to have the fastest carburators on earth. Saw that and was like I wanna be the fastest. :)
Fastest nitrous carbs maybe.....haven't seen any really high HP blowthru stuff from him though.

Craig

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
we ran a C&S carb the way they sent it to us on a stock block 306 with a 76mm air to air intercooler with a c-4 and 26" slicks and went [email protected]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just spoke with Kevin and CSU very very helpful and I think I'll be going with him since he's the only guy on the west coast and a few friends have his carbs and they work very well. Fontana, CA is the closest to me of any of the manufacturers of blow thru so if I ever need tuning help it's good to have someone in the same time zone.

Pro Systems claims to have the fastest blow thru carb also according to them went 208 MPH I looked into it some more they went 208 mph yes on the Salt Flats.

Thanks to all you guys for your input and thoughts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have three close friends that have gone with csu.ONE.. just got his to run 5.50's it the 1/8 after two years with Kevin tuning the carb on the phone.Then the other guy wasted two motors with kevins tune no matter what direction he went with.The last guys carb.....Well ive seen home made blow thru work better than that.Street or srtip.Let CARB SHOP build it and dyno it so you dont have to run your phone bill up trying figure out why your carb dont work.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have three close friends that have gone with csu.ONE.. just got his to run 5.50's it the 1/8 after two years with Kevin tuning the carb on the phone.Then the other guy wasted two motors with kevins tune no matter what direction he went with.The last guys carb.....Well ive seen home made blow thru work better than that.Street or srtip.Let CARB SHOP build it and dyno it so you dont have to run your phone bill up trying figure out why your carb dont work.
Thanks for the info, I'm definitly gonna factor this into my shopping and buying. Your post started so hopeful then just got worse and worse. :(

·
Phuckstick
1,108 Posts
the carb shop is in ontario, like 25 mins from fontana. id go with CSU, i have seen his shit work at the track right off the trailer on a F2 big block nova, made some crazy HP. its all a gamble good luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the carb shop is in ontario, like 25 mins from fontana. id go with CSU, i have seen his shit work at the track right off the trailer on a F2 big block nova, made some crazy HP. its all a gamble good luck!
Yeah probably gonna go with CSU cause of a couple of my friends and their experience with Kevin. Who cares if I blow up a motor or two right, it's all part of the game. Those horror stories are there with every aftermarke part or company. So.....

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Yeah probably gonna go with CSU cause of a couple of my friends and their experience with Kevin. Who cares if I blow up a motor or two right, it's all part of the game. Those horror stories are there with every aftermarke part or company. So.....

Keep an eye on the a/f and be careful with the timing and you wont be blowing stuff up!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.