Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my car has an aeromotive 13202 regulator. When I go from the footbrake to wide open on the trans brake, the car goes super lean and tries to die. I am thinking i need to switch to the 13212 regulator to fix the problem. We have tried adjusting the base fuel pressure to correct it, but it doesn't seem to help. I am thinking that the 4 port design just takes too long to respond with the belt driven fuel pump. What are your guys' opinions?

·
KING MASTER
1,901 Posts
Im thinking not, there are a lot of guys running that reg with no problem...but the belt driven pump has me curious about that now.
reaction time on the reg should be consistent, maybe jetting is the issue? Not saying that it couldnt be a defect or anything but trying to find out what avenues of remedy have been explored.

·
Registered
24,654 Posts
Shouldnt you already be WOT on the footbrake / two step ?

And how do you know its lean and not rich ? A rich condition can show lean on the WB .

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shouldnt you already be WOT on the footbrake / two step ?

And how do you know its lean and not rich ? A rich condition can show lean on the WB .
I footbrake the car to the beams and then put it on the transbrake/2step. I am assuming it is a lean condition because as soon as I go from part throttle to wot, the wideband reads around 34:1 for a split second, then I have to feather the throttle to get it to come back up properly. The only reason I even asked on here is to see if anyone else has had a similar problem with the 4 port regulators. When I called c&s, they said they prefer the two port one, but a lot of people do just fine with the belt drives and 13202 regulator. I already had this one, so it is what I ran.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have the aeromotive belt drive and the 13202 and it does fine!

Like others have said, sounds like the brpv's are not opening quick enough or you can put more jetting in it. Your combo may only need one brpv if you have two!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
The problem I had with the 132-02 was the belt pump would blow past the reg. and flood the carb once it started boost referencing. Went to the Magnafuel #9945 and fixed the problem.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there any for sure way to tell if it is truly a lean condition? If it is trying to food the motor and kill it, does it make the wideband read lean bc of it not burning the fuel?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Is there any for sure way to tell if it is truly a lean condition? If it is trying to food the motor and kill it, does it make the wideband read lean bc of it not burning the fuel?
That is correct, if it's really rich the unburnt fuel will make the wideband read lean. It could be any number of things. Might even be a squirter problem. Just gonna have to play with the brpv and jets to see what helps it.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Typically, if it's dead lean (no squirter or transfer circuit problem) it will pop back through the carb. If it gradually leans out, it will not pop back it will just gradually kill the engine. If you are gradually pushing the throttle from part throttle to WOT, it could be a squirter issue or transfer circuit problem!

E85 likes a lot of fuel! Is it dual BRPV's? You may have to set them so one opens early or is regualar pv!

·
Registered
24,654 Posts
Nothing to do with it , but its nice to have a 3 step so you can already be WOT on the foot brake . it will allow a little boost before going into the second beam . And it takes the pump shot out of the equation . That is , as long as it comes up on the footbrake to WOT without issue .

·
Registered
7,854 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, someone has to do it. I need to get a game plan together in case I am able to take it to wichita for the summer nats race. I already know I need to get the transmission pulled when I get home. Once I get this and the transmission fixed, we will be ready to rock n roll and start throwing timing at it.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Whats the spark plug tell you?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Two passes on this set of plugs and it hasn't even burned the cadmium coating off. They are ngk -9's. Our timing curve is set really safe, since we have 4 passes on the combo so far. Do you think putting timing in would help? Base timing is 33* and we aren't pulling any timing until 5 psi.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Ok... But what about the fuel?

How much boost? whats total timing? What fuel?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts