Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone sent a carb back to quick fuel and had it coverted to a blow thru style??i have a brand new 750dp quick fuel carb and was wondering if they would convert it for me and how much it would cost...thanks

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I use Quick-Fuel exclusively. I have had one of their gasoline carbs converted to alcohol. I'm sure they can do what you need. Ask for Zach, Derrick, or Robbie.

·
veritas aequitas
2,204 Posts
stay away from quick fuel period all thier carbs are junk, you're better off buying off the shelf holleys for less money.
and thier blow thru stuff is garbage,they don't have a clue.
go to CSU, C&S or ProSystems

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have a blow-thru on my BBC F-2 with about 8 psi on the street and it works great. However, it has never seen the track for any serious numbers.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
stay away from quick fuel period all thier carbs are junk, you're better off buying off the shelf holleys for less money.
and thier blow thru stuff is garbage,they don't have a clue.
go to CSU, C&S or ProSystems
That's your opinion, I would have to respectfully disagree with you.

·
veritas aequitas
2,204 Posts
That's your opinion, I would have to respectfully disagree with you.
you can disagree all you want. i don't care what you spend your money on.

people buy quick fuel all the time becuase they think they are less expensive then any other custom carb and you can buy it from jegs or summit.
do you think for one second that your quick fuel carb that you ordered from jeg's or summit works better then a custom piece from pro systems?
i'd be willing to bet you a carburetor that the quick fuel anchor doesn't work near as well as a pro systems or braswell.
granted the quick fuel works and your car probably runs just fine,it would run better with a custom carb gauranteed.
and whats more funny is you can buy a custom car from pro systems for probably less then that carb you have now.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
First, I get my Quick-Fuel carbs directly from Quick-Fuel. Second, I never said they were better than C&S, Braswell, Pro Systems, or anyone for that matter. I am debating what you said. What you said was that all of Quick-Fuel's carbs are junk and I disagree with your statement, simple as that. Guess what, a 632 BBC from Sonny Leonard, Proline, or Fulton is probably better than a GM 572 crate engine. But that doesn't mean the 572 is junk does it? Just making a point.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
has anyone sent a carb back to quick fuel and had it coverted to a blow thru style??i have a brand new 750dp quick fuel carb and was wondering if they would convert it for me and how much it would cost...thanks
I would send it to csu or do it yourself using the instructions already posted. If you do it yourself you'll learn about how the carb works and will be able to tune it yourself when done instead of having to rely on calling someone everytime there is a problem.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I have a quick fuel converted to blow thru carb. Have not touched a thing on it so far. From street driving to racing, so far I am very pleased.
I own three Quick-Fuel carbs and they're all fine and you have a good one. I pity all those other bastards that bought from them because I guess we got the only good ones. The rest of them have to be junk, right?;)

·
Greg Z Designs
4,163 Posts
Kevin at CSU.............Met him years ago. Good guy to deal with. He did my carb and all my buddies. Sent him a my carb and converted the entire deal to a blowthrew.
Do your self a favor and call him.

·
Registered
20,148 Posts
buying a blowthru from Quick Fuel or BG is a start, but you gotta know what else to do-otherwise its best to get one for your spec. setup, like buying a cam or picking a converter
i had a non blow thru Quick Fuel 750, ran great, when i switched to a blowthru setup i sent it to Kevin at CSU, as i wanted the ann. boosters, so i let him do it all-just some minor tweaking to suit my driving (went on a carb'ed LS engine) worked great, AFR's were spot on
i have modded my own for lower boost, but for the nasty stuff good to have one of the exp. guys do it
dont forget the fuel del system is all part of it

·
veritas aequitas
2,204 Posts
First, I get my Quick-Fuel carbs directly from Quick-Fuel. Second, I never said they were better than C&S, Braswell, Pro Systems, or anyone for that matter. I am debating what you said. What you said was that all of Quick-Fuel's carbs are junk and I disagree with your statement, simple as that. Guess what, a 632 BBC from Sonny Leonard, Proline, or Fulton is probably better than a GM 572 crate engine. But that doesn't mean the 572 is junk does it? Just making a point.

that was a dumb comparison.
what i'm saying is you're unlikely to get the most potential out of your motor with a quick fuel carb.
i have personally proven that pro system and other easily outperform quickfuel. on the same combinations pro systems and braswell will accellerate quicker then a quick fuel carb.
if you want your motor to be all it can be dump the quick fuel and get a good carb.
you'll notice the difference in startup, idle quality,driveability and accelleration.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
John, Please understand what I'm saying. I never said QF was better than anything. But they are not ALL JUNK like you said. That's all. In my circle track days I've owned Braswell and C&S carbs. I know what's up. I had no intentions of making this an argument, just called you out on an untrue or exaggerated statement you made. Lee

·
Moderater
13,612 Posts

Send it to Pro Systems the cost is about the same but it will be tailored to your application. Go to the web site and fill out the details about your car and ask for a quote.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
Turbo or Supercharger? How much boost?

Send a PM to "Brent Davis" on here. If your combo will benefit from his system he'll let you know.

Nothing wrong with Quick Fuel, Pro Sytems or Brasswell, I just wouldn't use any of thier blow throughs. and even N/A all of their carbs need tweeking. With a wideband O2 and some know how, anyone can tune a carb and make optimal power. We bought a pair of Dominators from Patrick for a N/A BBC, they still needed tweeking, which I completely expected.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts