Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that has a 96 cobra and he's getting ready to install a small vortec on his car, he was told by vortec he would have to recurculate the waste of the blow off valve back into the sytem because its still a mass air car. Is this true, if so anyone got any pics of it.
Thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
if the blowoff is before the maf (blow through), you don't need to recirc......if your running the maf draw though, any vented air needs to be re-introduced after the maf......

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No its not a blow through, what would be the problem by not recirculating, I wouldnt think it would make a difference beings its only going to be used when lifting the throttle.
Thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
the maf needs to measure ALL air going into the engine.....you can't dump air the maf has accounted for. the ecu adds fuel based off maf reading.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what Im trying to figure out, if the throttle is closed its not flowing through the engine, how would it make a difference, If im understanding correctly the blow off would only be used when the throttle is closed? Correct? I know how it works on a none maf car just not on a maf car. Not argueing just trying to understand. this car will only be making @6psi of boost with this setup.

·
Registered
572 Posts
that air the maf just read, then went out the blow-off valve, the ecu just added fuel for......now your air/fuel mixture is off.....
the maf is the main factor in fueling control, NO air should escape after the maf.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But that air wouldnt make it back into the engine if the throttle is closed. Doesnt make sense to me but I guess we will do it that way.

·
Registered
572 Posts
But that air wouldnt make it back into the engine if the throttle is closed. Doesnt make sense to me but I guess we will do it that way.
it does'nt matter if the throttle is closed or not, the maf still read it and thinks is being used. thats the way mass air systems work....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts