Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats normal.I checked my dads and his was 133 over117.This seems high to me .Anybody know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The top number is fine the bottom number is not good at all if it's accurate. Anything over 90 is not good and should make an appointment with his physician. What did you "check" his bp with? and if you don't understand the results how are you able take it? If you want a quick check without going to the doctor go to your local pharmacy and use their automated bp machine.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Doctor time!

·
Registered
67 Posts
The bottom number should be in the 70's
This is not true. Everyone is built different and always some variance. Most healthy peoples diastolic number falls in the 75-89 range. This is your blood pressure at rest. Anything over 90 your looking for trouble. The top number is systolic and showing borderline hypertension.

·
All motor wannabe
5,895 Posts
Cert' RN here, pre hypertension is 120/80 now, used to be anything over 120/80 but now they are saying if your are over 120/80 you are in pre hypertension, 140/90 and you are in hypertension. Seeing that your diastolic is way up for what it should be you should have it checked a few days in a row while at rest not after you are stressed out. You could have white coat syndrome. Height and body weight and age play a factor if you could let us know that would help. Your BMI might help as well. having a high diastolic is a sign of increased strain on your heart during rest periods. If it persist you need to go see a physician so they can draw labs and see what is causing it, increased plaque, high cholesterol, and diet play a key role.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
This is not true. Everyone is built different and always some variance. Most healthy peoples diastolic number falls in the 75-89 range. This is your blood pressure at rest. Anything over 90 your looking for trouble. The top number is systolic and showing borderline hypertension.

doc told me 120 over 80 is what they shoot for but mine runs 140 over 90 pretty constantly(unless obamy's name comes up)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts