Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
What heads and what plugs? Timing most likely. Are there any alum. specs on the plugs? Where is the timing mark on the other plugs?

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
What fuel?

How much compression?

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
What is your base timing and how much did you remove?

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
What's the tune up in the plate? Jetting, fuel pressure, nitrous pressure.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Track heats and a 23 plug? Are you sure? A aluminum track heat would use something more like a 3923. At any rate, both are projected tip plugs and shouldn't be used with nitrous. Also, 31* is too much timing (to start with) for a 150 shot. On a SBF, I normally start around 25* on a 150 and work from there.

·
Super Moderator
12,124 Posts
Track heats and a 23 plug? Are you sure? A aluminum track heat would use something more like a 3923. At any rate, both are projected tip plugs and shouldn't be used with nitrous. Also, 31* is too much timing (to start with) for a 150 shot. On a SBF, I normally start around 25* on a 150 and work from there.

This is sounding better to me as well.. ;) SJ

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i run the digital 6 should i keep pulling it from the box or pull the base timing, are the 3923 ngk's

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,074 Posts
I think you can only pull 9.9 with the Digital 6. Why not lower the base timing some? You need enough timing to be able to do a clean burnout and stage, that's it.

Hey Drag Radial, your PM Box is full. Your wheels are on the way. Sorry for the slight thread hi-jack. ;)

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Burnt plug is almost always a sign of too much timing.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts