Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder that Black Sunday Byron is coming up on August 9-10. We have a full slate of awesome racing set up.
3K to win Outlaw Stock Suspension
3K to win Heads up 10.00 index class
The famous Outlaw Super Stocks
Quick 16 Doorslammer
Quick 8 Bikes
Exibition run by Turbine Tom and his jet powered Go-Kart
Car club shootout, and much, much more.

also, be on the lookout for special spectator ticket prices

This will be an awesome show as usual.
I would like to thank our sponsor as well for supporting our charitable efforts and helping make this possible.

ARS Promotions
T&T Racing Engines
Pep Boys
VP Racing Fuels
Fields Auto Group
AMR Performance
Comp Cams
Hi Flow Heads
Flatout Gaskets
Pauly Honda/Acura
Universal Technical Institute (UTI)

·
Registered
208 Posts
So would it be consedered racists if byron had White is right night just a ? so don't get all bent out of shape. By the way is the track going to do tech alittle better that last year when one of your racers almost killed Bob Kurgan.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tech will be handled by Byron Track personnel just like every race held at their track. Our class officials will also inspect all OSS cars to make sure that they conform to the rules. The car you speak of was a very well built former SSO car that had the misfortune of losing a hood at 180 MPH. It was unfortunate but please do not call into question the cars chassis or construction, because it was of high quality. I really hope that Bob returns this year, it's in his backyard, he's an awesome racer that we would be proud to have attend our event again this year. This is going to be a great race as anyone could take the title away from Steve Turley this year. I hope to see you there as well.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There will also be a bracket race and all the grudge racing you can ask for, plus the car and bike show N shine. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. OSS and quick 8-16 cars/bikes get a great value. T & T all day saturday race on sunday, but you pay for the one day of racing. @ days for the price of one, great deal for the racers.:p message me or call
888-UBDRAW1 for more info.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
where are the rules posted for the stock suspension class?

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where are the rules posted for the stock suspension class?
The same as last year. Stock Suspension, no wheelie bars, no ladder bar or four links, no coil overs, tire limited to true 10.5 slick or 325 radial, unlimited motor combos.
The rules are very basic for this race, please call me if I can clear up any details. Mark I would especially like to speak with you if you are planning on running this race. Please call me at 847-840-3991.

Shannon L.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tech will be handled by Byron Track personnel just like every race held at their track. Our class officials will also inspect all OSS cars to make sure that they conform to the rules. The car you speak of was a very well built former SSO car that had the misfortune of losing a hood at 180 MPH. It was unfortunate but please do not call into question the cars chassis or construction, because it was of high quality. I really hope that Bob returns this year, it's in his backyard, he's an awesome racer that we would be proud to have attend our event again this year. This is going to be a great race as anyone could take the title away from Steve Turley this year. I hope to see you there as well.
No one ? the chassis. But the rest of the car is in ?. THE HOOD FLEW OFF and the driver felt the need to change lanes and hit Bob.

·
Registered
457 Posts
No one ? the chassis. But the rest of the car is in ?. THE HOOD FLEW OFF and the driver felt the need to change lanes and hit Bob.

Yeah, I'm sure he changed lanes on purpose. God I hope you never make a mistake and have everyone cry for a year about it(all though it may be poetic justice). It was an accident, it happens, no matter how hard we try we all make mistakes. So shut the fuck up already. I mean really do you do anything else on the internet besides bitch about everyone else? It seems every post I read of yours here or on other boards is you bitching about someone else.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure he changed lanes on purpose. God I hope you never make a mistake and have everyone cry for a year about it(all though it may be poetic justice). It was an accident, it happens, no matter how hard we try we all make mistakes. So shut the fuck up already. I mean really do you do anything else on the internet besides bitch about everyone else? It seems every post I read of yours here or on other boards is you bitching about someone else.
When some one almost takes some ones elses life because the hood comes open, i will voice my opinon. If you dont like it to bad. There is no need to start rowing the wheel back and forth just because the hood came open.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
The hood broke!! in witch went threw the drivers window ( on drivers side) also hitting the driver ... when the hood broke, it up set the car so he pulled the chute right away, like a good racer will always do... but this time when he pulled it it shot the car across the lane into bobs car... complete!!!! accendent!! i was ther to see the whole thing mark.... it was a 100 percent accendent... the car was going well over 170 when it happend.... Mark sorry to say but if you didnt see what happened you shouldnt be making comment on hearsay...

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Hi Dave and Amy, how are ya?? My kids are still talking about Tom's party, LOL!! Hope to see ya soon!

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WHO WON THE STOCK SUSPENSION TRUE 10.5 CLASS LAST YEAR AND HOW FAST WERE THEY GOING?
Steve Turley won last year. We run the race clocks off, so I will not post the times he was running but if you know his car you should know about were the field was at. They told me that they are coming back this year with two cars.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When some one almost takes some ones elses life because the hood comes open, i will voice my opinon. If you dont like it to bad. There is no need to start rowing the wheel back and forth just because the hood came open.
I would appreciate it if you stayed off of this post. You obviously were not there last year, so you are not qualified to speak on the situation. That you very much, and I really hope that you attend and race this year you have a really nice car. Come out and see just what type of race that we run, you will see that it is first class.

Thanks,

Shannon L

BTW...Call me if you have any questions about anything regarding the race or rules.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Were you there? Were you in the Driver seat of the car that the hood "flew open on"? I didn't think so. Have you ever been in an accident?( I've heard that you have...). Unforseen shit happens that you have little control over. Accidents happen in all racing and yes even drag racing. Hell its drag racing not needle point, people get hurt and killed sometimes...its part of the deal, when you buckle into your car you are taking an inherent risk.

Everyone walked away from the accident. Was it unfortunate? Yeah. Would I have been upset if it happened to me? Sure, but I would've got the fuck over it by now! Stop bringing it up.

The guys here that are trying to promote an event had nothing to do with what happened so stop with the BS already!

Oh and by the way if you don't like my opinion TO BAD!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts