Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the specs on that beast?

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts

·
YB Managing Editor
51,448 Posts
It sounded like it was pro-charged. If you can believe the sound effects. But that thing was bad ass.

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
Can't figure out why they'd have had to convert '56 trucks with the square A-pillars and wrap-around windshield, rather than find three '53-'55 F100s. The article said the '55 was rare... but the cabs, fenders and boxes are the same from '53-'55... seems like it'd be easier to find three examples of a 3-year run than three examples of a 1-year-only cab.

The truck in the movie is pretty bad-ass though.

-Brad

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn I thought it was supercharged also. Sure as shit sounded like it, but it is Hollywood so go figure.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
It is a great truck and sounded nasty as hell but yet in true Hollywood fashion it couldn't leave the cars chasing it in the dust and I think one was a mini van

·
Registered
205 Posts
Truck looked a lot better in the movie.
Any you're right. Sounded like it had a blower on it.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Can't figure out why they'd have had to convert '56 trucks with the square A-pillars and wrap-around windshield, rather than find three '53-'55 F100s. The article said the '55 was rare... but the cabs, fenders and boxes are the same from '53-'55... seems like it'd be easier to find three examples of a 3-year run than three examples of a 1-year-only cab.

The truck in the movie is pretty bad-ass though.

-Brad
X2. I have a 56 and would never butcher it into a 53-5.. I had a 55 I couldnt give away for 2 years... It met its fate with my torches one night because I was sick of looking at it... Sad part was, It was a CLEAN cab, minimal cancer in one corner, and the best drip rails Ive ever seen on one of these trucks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts