Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my birthday off work, it’s cold and snowy outside, wife is at work and kids are at school, planning to stay home and sit on my ass all day with the dog while watching stupid shit on tv, probably a bunch of episodes of 2 and a half Men.
What would you guys do?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If you worked under the UMWA contracts ( United Mine workers of America), you could look forward to EVERY birthday off. It's a paid holiday !

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Took my birthday off work, it’s cold and snowy outside, wife is at work and kids are at school, planning to stay home and sit on my ass all day with the dog while watching stupid shit on tv, probably a bunch of episodes of 2 and a half Men.
What would you guys do?
Nothing wrong with that plan. I did it one day last week when my back was hurting. Said F it, called in and set on a heating pad all day with a fire burning and watching gunsmoke. It was single digits and negative wind chill and I stayed in fat adding it all day. Been years since I had done that and I enjoyed every second of it.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you worked under the UMWA contracts ( United Mine workers of America), you could look forward to EVERY birthday off. It's a paid holiday !
This is paid as well, we just got it in our new contract, so it’s new to me. I helped negotiate it in this new agreement though so I’ve really been looking forward to it, it was ratified last year in late March, so it’s been a long wait for me, lol.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I have a fall bday, Its hit or miss for weather in Indiana but yeah I with ya. Good quality time with the pooch is always awesome. My last bday, I took my dog out for some fast food.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts