Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to give a big ATTA BOY to Mr. Glidden. A friend of mine had a flat tire on his RV in Florida pulling his son's car to Orlando. Billy actually pulled over to see if everything was ok and if my buddy Bob (kinda ironic huh???) needed a hand.

Bob's son and buddy were like...Oh WOW it's BG!!!!!! Bob was pretty much done I think changing the tire (another story) so his son an buddy showed him the Mustang they were going to race in Outlaw 10.5.

Billy when Bob told me that story......he was very thankful you stopped to see if he needed help. Acts like that are HUGE in my book!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
That is cool but i am not surprised Billy is a great guy the only one I have ever talk trash about him is the Baio family and who are they? :shock:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Billy is always helping people unless you are in the other lane or named Baio. :-D A real stand up guy.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
I saw another act of Billy's......I was sitting at Camp Stanley's Pit and herd a ratter large/close Exploision......out from under Pat Musi's trailer(pitted next to Camp's)comes BG crawling like a Navy Seal :shock: ...Laughing his ass of.....then Liz Musi coming from another direction screaming at him :p

·
Administrator
136,620 Posts
west said:
Billy is always helping people unless you are in the other lane or named Baio. :-D A real stand up guy.
I will bet that Glidden would still help Baio out if they were going to line up next to each other.. I will say that Johnny would do the same.. All things said on BB are put aside when everyone gets to the track.. Then we go back home and bash each other again.. Its the name of the game and is the way things used to work out on the streets as well.. Bash Bash Bash till the race was one..

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I do not feel it is anything that speacial to help folks broken down. We have been in the same situation, and have been fortunate enough to stay safe, and also keep going, no big deal to check on these fellows. I am glad all was ok, sorry that they did not qualify, but thats the way it goes, it appeared they were close right off, but changed things in the wrong direction, and kept going slower. bummer! Thanks everyone, BG

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I think what he meant was a racer of your caliber so called stooping down to help another racer no matter what the problem is. I was in the passenger seat when my driver fell asleep coming home from cordova this year and we had bigger problems and saw a "few" racers just drive right by in the daylight when we were backwards in the mud with 2 trailer flats.This just says alot about BG as a person,,,,racing aside. Hope to see ya in 06 @ milan. Butch

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Thanks Butch! But we have to breath, and eat just like everyone else, we do not feel as we are better than anyone else, we may appear like we don't have time, at times. But it is not meant that way, I hope you all have a great winter. Thanks BG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts