Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about getting a set of the billet specialties street lites front runners for 69 camaro. Somebody told me today that they heard of people having problems when fitting them with wilwood front brakes? Any truth to this or do they just bolt right on?
Thanks

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
they fit on my car with wilwood brakes. i have the wilwood's for the first gen camaro, the medium duty ones i think they are. 4 piston caliper with the thin, 1/4" maybe rotors?

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have them on my malibu with wilwood brakes 12inc rotors 4piston calipers with no problem with my wheels or brakes hitting

·
Registered
41 Posts
What about the rears? Looking at 15X10 wheel with 5.5 backspace. Wilwood part # 140-2115-B for the brakes. Heard minor grinding of the calipers. Thanks

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,784 Posts
Watch-out on the rears! While I like the Street Lites, they are a STUPID design! Shyt, even the 100 year old Weld Drag Lites had something good going for them. The Street Lites do not have the same inside diameter from the axle mounting flange to the outside of the wheel. For whatever reason they step-down as you go inwards (from the center of the car to the axle flange). So, if you try to use a larger backspace to tuck the wheel under the car instead of narrowing the axle, it ain't gonna happen! They are the only company I have seen that does this. I have several sets, never had any issues with them, just wish the ID was the same throughout. Bet they did it for strength, I see no other reason to leave the extra material there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What about the rears? Looking at 15X10 wheel with 5.5 backspace. Wilwood part # 140-2115-B for the brakes. Heard minor grinding of the calipers. Thanks

I have the same wheels on my 70 chevelle and now on my 72 nova. The wilwoods will hit we had to file them slightly. My new Lamb brakes hit also we are going to run a 1/8 inch spacer. I called lamb about this issue and thet said it was common with the BS wheels.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got a set on back of my 68 nova with a 15x10 with 5.5 backspace (minitubbed) with no problems.
What size tire you running under there? Which willwood brake kit did you use? I have a fab 9 with 1 1/2 in taken off each end. trying to run 295-65-15 under it and tuck it (also mini-tubbed)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had 12" Wilwood Disc Brakes 140-2118BD on the back of my car and the street lites 15 x10 with 5.5" bs. The caliper hit the inner part of the barrel of the wheel. The only way I could use them was to put a 1/2" spacer between the wheel and flange. I ended up with a set of Aerospace disc brakes on the back. All my other 15" wheels fit with the wilwood brakes, I didn't think I would of had a problem. Boy was I wrong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts