Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
49,372 Posts
Add in the cost of the software.....Have you priced Solid Works with Cam Works and the tool posts needed? And the knowledge needed to map a block out correctly with the options needed...And tooling is probably $100k at least.

I would love to do this for a living, but I work for machining company's and this stuff ain't cheap...Add regular maintenance in and wow...
I figure minimum 500-600k investment, but the question is, does the market have enough of a demand to make a return ?

·
Registered
49,372 Posts
Haha you couldn't afford the tooling let alone a used machine to build a block :rolleyes: .
Listen here little dick man, who is a check book racer, shut the fuck up

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Well, CN Blocks says 14 weeks. I guess we'll see how accurate the time frame is:)

Thanks for the feedback and help guys.

6BOOST
Mine was quoted 12 weeks took 6 months lol but that was a few years back

·
Registered
282 Posts
Major flaw with the LS is the lack of head bolts at the front and back of the block... And no one is addressing this that I have seen.

CN has a great product in their Billet blocks. A friend of mine has one and it has been flawless so far.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Noonan from Australia
Making this block and hemi blocks is Utah now
Moving to the Midwest soon .
Solid or water
Billet alum
Thanks. I saw them at PRI. They had solid blocks there but I was not aware they had a water block yet. Looks nice. Do you know where in the Midwest they are moving to?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Noonan stuff is superb,even better bonus, if you are after a billet water block.

Also, a great company to deal with...

http://noonanrace.com
Noonan is the first company I contacted, I was originally going LS platform. After trying 3 times to get a timeframe or information back from them I gave up, obviously they had too much on to bother getting back in touch with me.

6BOOST

·
WHO DAT???
15,725 Posts
Anyone knows if this Noona block can be had as a water block and with a solid deck? I was planning on going with a Dart block, but man the price on these are making it very tempting to say the least!!! How about the Clevland size mains, is this an option as well???

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
You can probably get whatever you are willing to pay for, LOL. Noonan is awesome stuff and he is also working on a fully water jacketed hemi that will be capable of running Hot Rod Power Tour etc.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Drag week, duh!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Anyone knows if this Noona block can be had as a water block and with a solid deck? I was planning on going with a Dart block, but man the price on these are making it very tempting to say the least!!! How about the Clevland size mains, is this an option as well???
The noonan block is Cleveland mains. I doubt they could do a water block with dry deck due to machining processes, but I guess you could ask.

6BOOST

·
WHO DAT???
15,725 Posts
The noonan block is Cleveland mains. I doubt they could do a water block with dry deck due to machining processes, but I guess you could ask.

6BOOST

Wow, good to know on the mains.... I shall check on the dry deck and report back with my findings. It's nice to see we now have other options as far as LS billet block manufactures go!!! A little competition is always a welcomed thing....

21 - 40 of 72 Posts