Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
You will get longer life out of them on gasoline as it has much more lubricity than methanol or E85. However they are much happier on 16V which is what Jack recommends. The 12V seems to beat on the disc/seat more than 16V does. As far as wear and tear they simply have such tight tolerances (microns) that they seem to need to go in for service at the end of every season especially if there were no problems during the season. The very best thing you can do for any of the Atomizers is run a quality 10-micron SS filter element and use extreme care/good components in your fuel system construction. It would probably be better to use a 5-micron filter but I think it would have to be huge to meet the flow requirements of a 3000HP engine or greater. I will be happy to send Jack some questions and post the answers if you guys want me to. If nothing else it will keep the knowledge in the thread and not be scattered across several people calling with random questions. Not trying to dodge the question above, I just think its probably better to go to the source that has seen the end results of every scenario possible.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,350 Posts
WE WERE IN THE 1800 RANGE WITH THE BA 225'S...RAN FLAWLESSLY..

21 - 22 of 22 Posts