Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to efi , what kind of power on alcohol will a billet atomizer 225 support ? I know it depends on duty cycle and psi

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
At what pressure? BA3's are rated at 50psi.
Power adder?
Intercooling?
Insufficient data to make a determination.
I do know they are a bit big for 1000hp NA as I've had them on the dyno.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
If you're interested in a 225 and you are new to EFI..... sell those injectors and buy the Deka 225

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At what pressure? BA3's are rated at 50psi.
Power adder?
Intercooling?
Insufficient data to make a determination.
I do know they are a bit big for 1000hp NA as I've had them on the dyno.
Turbo , alcohol.. Maybe intercooler but dought it , not much room..

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
If you are looking for 1500hp or more and it's a race only combo the Billet Atomizers are the way to go and I'll be happy to fix you up with whatever you need. They are simply not intended to be used in long duration endurance or street applications. However if it's not race only I highly recommend the Siemens Deka 225pph injectors. I have us them for over 10yrs without a single issue. If its north of 1500hp and street driven 16 injectors is always a choice. You will not need an intercooler with methanol at any power level running single or twin turbos in a non-compounded application. I would not hesitate to run as much as 90psi base pressure on the Dekas to gain the required capacity. I have run 75psi for years and know of several people that have run 90+ without issue. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you are looking for 1500hp or more and it's a race only combo the Billet Atomizers are the way to go and I'll be happy to fix you up with whatever you need. They are simply not intended to be used in long duration endurance or street applications. However if it's not race only I highly recommend the Siemens Deka 225pph injectors. I have us them for over 10yrs without a single issue. If its north of 1500hp and street driven 16 injectors is always a choice. You will not need an intercooler with methanol at any power level running single or twin turbos in a non-compounded application. I would not hesitate to run as much as 90psi base pressure on the Dekas to gain the required capacity. I have run 75psi for years and know of several people that have run 90+ without issue. Hope this helps.
Its 100% drag car, mixed 1\8 and 1\4 mile..wanted little bit bigger set but bought these from a friend , he just got them back from BA , they redid them etc..for the$$ i could not pass them up

·
Registered
709 Posts
We run BA 225 injectors in my buddies mustang. We supplement the fuel system with a single 72 jet nozzle in the inlet pipe down track. We are around 80% duty cycle, and have gone [email protected] at around 2800lbs. We run 90 base pressure with zero issues. Never had an injector problem (knock on wood) ...

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
It is an absolute must that that you run a 10-micron SS mesh filter with BA's on methanol. On gas or E85 10-micron paper will work ok but I would personally stick with the SS mesh since its easier to inspect and can be cleaned/reused. Be sure to use a high pressure fuel regulator that has enough bypass return capability. Most of us have used the big donkey dick Aeromotive regulator ( pn- 13113) for many years with zero issues from 1K HP to 3K+ HP so its basically the last regulator you will ever need. It also has enough ports to run 16 injectors with 2 sets of fuel rails so really flexible for future needs. Good luck with the project.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We run BA 225 injectors in my buddies mustang. We supplement the fuel system with a single 72 jet nozzle in the inlet pipe down track. We are around 80% duty cycle, and have gone [email protected] at around 2800lbs. We run 90 base pressure with zero issues. Never had an injector problem (knock on wood) ...
New motor/ turbo will be 1000hp range if that on alcohol,according to the fuel calculators the 225 will be more then enough

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I'm very surprised that nobody has stepped up to offer some competition for market share against Billet Atomizer. A virtual monopoly on the drag race market gives a lot of leeway to do as much or little as you want in regards to design, dependability, pricing, etc. Competition always benefits the end user.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
its coming... i have 220, 350 and 540lbhr at 40PSI base all done... twin 540s is good for over 4000hp... we ran the 540s on the weekend as secondary's in a LSX and a SBF and both cars ran PBs and were faultless.. they are not street injectors tho they are for racing only..
and can be made screw in or o ring on both ends... so if you want 1/4npt on manifold, -6 on manifold and -4 feed or -6 feed you can choose

·
Registered
44 Posts
What goes bad in the Billet Atomizer injectors when you run it for long durations? Running a set of BA 3 225 on gasoline for almost 100% street driving, haven’t had any problems yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts