1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
King Ding-A-Ling
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
So they can videotape every stop but the driver of the stopped vehicle cant? That makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
So according to what they say you cannot record ANYBODY in public without thier permission.... Time to sue the news for a few billion dollars!!:smt102

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I'm sure the first thing he thought of was to turn the camera off when the doucher gets out yelling and pulls his gun.............wtf

·
102,312 Posts
Illegal stop period.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
He did do some totally stupid things though.... Lets post ourself on you tube doing illegal things...(the way he was riding..) I'm sick of bikers useing the highways for thier playground.I drive truck for a living and in the last 2 years I have had to watch 5 different accedents caused by bikers riding like that.They all think they are invinceable or something I guess?

·
King of all Assclowns
11,285 Posts
If the cops acted appropriately then they shouldnt really give a shit that somebody recorded it. The fact that they are trying to get the guy arrested for this shows, to me anyway, that they know the unmarked officer fucked up by pulling his gun.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Prob would have gone ALOT smoother if the cop had come out of his car with his badge out for sure.

·
102,312 Posts
Prob would have gone ALOT smoother if the cop had come out of his car with his badge out for sure.
Would have gone a lot smoother if he had just called a marked unit to stop that guy. That wasn't an unmarked police car, that was his personal car.

If the motorcycle guy would have started blastiing away when he jumped out of the car for fear of his life when someone pulls a weapon, like that the motorcycle guy would have been justified as long as he said the right things.

·
42,487 Posts
I can respect the police system, but only as long as they respect me...If they can video me fucking up, and use it against me in court, then I should be able to do the same thing in return...

·
Registered
14,484 Posts
Its a good thing it was not me ( not that I would have been doing a wheelie down the highway) but if I he did not identify himself as a law officer in any way ( and you can't see if there were any lights in the grill or not but if he had not displayed lights ) and had just jumped out of his tinted window car while drawing a pistol approaching me I would have immediatly tried to run him over with the motorcycle and disarm him.

I think ( again assuming (and since the police did not bring it up I would assume they were not displayed) no lights were displayed by the unmarked car which by the way has illegal tint which makes it look all the more like a criminals car) the police departments desire to hide thier inappropriate actions have a lot more to do with this arrest than the unauthorized taping. I am sure the guy will testify in court that if he were aware of the law he would have omitted the audio and dubbed it in himself making it completly legal.

I was charged with assualt on a police officer myself, I had a cast on my arm from a motorcycle accident and was walking through an alley near the shop where I worked as a mechanic, an undercover cop saw me hand a black man a 20 dollar bill and decided a crack cocaine transaction had just occured and thinking I had the crack in my good hand grabbed it and as he did I spun around striking him in the face with my cast and breaking his nose...right as I did I saw the badge hanging around his neck on a chain but without eyes in the back of my head I naturally assumed I was being robbed. Even though I was pushed to the ground and kicked and kneed several times during the arrest they still charged me but fortunatly I know several DC cops whose cars I work on and the case never made it to court, and not being a prick I did not sue.

But it just goes to show why the first words out of a cops mouth should be police officer! then the gun should come out or the grab should be made.

·
102,312 Posts
So since this is Maryland, do the police cruisers have video cameras in them?

1 - 20 of 120 Posts