Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
That bike is a Suzuki RGV more appropriately known as a widow maker. They are not allowed in the US but I have ridden them overseas and I'll tell you what, they are very quick and agile. The bike begs for full on power 100% of the time!

RIP to the driver of the bike and a big Fuck You to the ignorant driver of the car.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
That bike is a Suzuki RGV more appropriately known as a widow maker. They are not allowed in the US but I have ridden them overseas and I'll tell you what, they are very quick and agile. The bike begs for full on power 100% of the time!

RIP to the driver of the bike and a big Fuck You to the ignorant driver of the car.
There are all sorts of those in the US. They are grey market, but they are here. Lots of super trick ones too. Lots of them with leaned on motors, modern forks, swingarms, suspension, brakes, wheels. I've ridden a few. Pretty cool. Still turd slow.

If someone were a old school GP fan they would be a bike to have.

·
Registered
297 Posts
OK sad that he died and someone lost their life but in the US when I see someone on a bike illegally pass a car doing excessive speed and see them next in crash.....hard to feel like it was an accident. This could have been prevented.

·
Registered
20,079 Posts
had to be really hard on the parents to watch it-but it was preventable, guy was driving insane
still a sad deal

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Which driver was the idiot.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
the bike driver was an idiot. 100 mph the other driver made a mistake, and now is in jail. sad for both but if the biker was doing the speed limit it never would of happened.

·
time to go racing yet ?
34,511 Posts
I am sure everyone on here drives the speed limit and like complete angles. You guys make me laugh..
I hope he will RIP.
x2 ..... and half the guys on here probably have never been on a powerful bike .... its hard to understand till you have been on a bike that makes big power and is light wieght .... its REAL easy to twist that throttle just alittle bit more and go faster .... im not much of a speed demon on the road , but even i get over 140mph on my bike here and there and thas not even trying .

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
x2 ..... and half the guys on here probably have never been on a powerful bike .... its hard to understand till you have been on a bike that makes big power and is light wieght .... its REAL easy to twist that throttle just alittle bit more and go faster .... im not much of a speed demon on the road , but even i get over 140mph on my bike here and there and thas not even trying .
Hence why I do not ride them on the street , I have a tendency to ride them like a dirt bike . Probably the same reason no one drives their race car to the grocery store .

·
Registered
949 Posts
the bike driver was an idiot. 100 mph the other driver made a mistake, and now is in jail. sad for both but if the biker was doing the speed limit it never would of happened.
First off I ride so I am trying to look at this from both sides. I see the fault laid solely at the feet of the biker. He was clearly going way faster than the speed limit and way faster than safe conditions, which are vastly different numbers sometimes. By the time he came out from behind the car he was passing, the driver of the car was already beginning to commit to his turn. He was not expecting to see a bike come out of nowhere at 98 MPH. Very sad for both families.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
First off I ride so I am trying to look at this from both sides. I see the fault laid solely at the feet of the biker. He was clearly going way faster than the speed limit and way faster than safe conditions, which are vastly different numbers sometimes. By the time he came out from behind the car he was passing, the driver of the car was already beginning to commit to his turn. He was not expecting to see a bike come out of nowhere at 98 MPH. Very sad for both families.
+1

I'm sure in the comments above, those guys have never broke the speed limit. Hope a car does not pull/turn in front of me at any speed.

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Like you all say . Play stupid games win stupid prizes . Can't speed on a road like that with that kind of traffic with all those exits and entrances. Not saying car wouldn't have hit him at 40 mph but chances would been reduced.
X2. I think a lot of bikers forget about closing speed and people's reaction time in those situations.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts