1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
dont have facebook so what is the business

·
Registered
48,161 Posts
This is the business my dad just started. They will be on the market soon, but trying to get some likes as of now for his FB page. He would appreciate any help if yall dont mind.

https://www.facebook.com/cyclesnap

The website should be up soon.

www.getcyclesnap.com
He needs to be on Shark Tank...they would jump on that. Hell maybe I need to invest in it. Is he having them made overseas?

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
No farcebook here either !! Wtf Pops come up with ?

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I'm not sure what to think. My bike has a kick stand that I use during the riding season when its not hanging from the ceiling/wall on a pair of $2.99 hooks from the hardware store. I'm out.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, my Old Man came up with the idea. They are made right here in Cypress, TX. Going to be available in a few different colors. Retail price will be $14 for one or a 2-pack for $20.

That's actually him in the video installing one on the wall. Used his garage, house, and cul-de-sac for the commercial.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he is putting them up on a fundraising website on August 1st where you will be able to get them cheaper. I will post the link when he does.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For anyone that is interested, they are now up on kickstarter. We went to the Interbike 2014 trade show this last week in vegas and it was a HUGE success. There are many companies from around the world placing orders for 1000s of these things. It was very well received and he is majorly excited to move into full on production. My favorite part was when I told people they are 100% made in the USA, they said that alone would make them want to buy them.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2115760564/cycle-snap

·
Trolling the Trolls
15,910 Posts
What about road bikes or Hybrids?

My MTB has 26 x 2.0 tires that came on it, but I also use 26 x 1.5 road tires when only doing paved rails to trails.

·
Brewmaster
12,620 Posts
I can see them being good, if you had the room for the whole bike to stick out from the wall. Bicycle shops could line a wall and have a nice display, bike rental places too but eh, garage not so much.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What about road bikes or Hybrids?

My MTB has 26 x 2.0 tires that came on it, but I also use 26 x 1.5 road tires when only doing paved rails to trails.
The Hybrid is available as well. The tooling is being made for the injection mold on those, they are about 8 weeks out from production.

So am I getting this right, they aren't available unless the entire $15,000 is funded?
The Kickstarter website works that way. However, they will be available for retail once kisktarter is over. They are being privately funded whether the goal is met or not.

bdr82z28 said:
I can see them being good, if you had the room for the whole bike to stick out from the wall. Bicycle shops could line a wall and have a nice display, bike rental places too but eh, garage not so much.
The bike can also stand up on its back tire and be out of the way. Not as much as hanging from the ceiling, but still not both tires on the floor.

NovaCory72 said:
I'm interested in a set of these
Get a set on Kickstarter! We would love your support!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts