Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to tune a bigshot dual stage .Need help on jets for both stages,Dont wont to run more Than 250-275 hp. Engine runs total tim @ 36deg.Would like to leave on 150 and 100 in sec stage?
Not sure on how much timing to take out with 2 stages ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Going to tune a bigshot dual stage .Need help on jets for both stages,Dont wont to run more Than 250-275 hp. Engine runs total tim @ 36deg.Would like to leave on 150 and 100 in sec stage?
Not sure on how much timing to take out with 2 stages ?

Thanks in advance
Just curious if you are a tuner, why you have no tunes. I have been away for a while and may have missed something. It would seem to me that a guy that went out and tuned cars for poeple wouldn't just get a random tune off a website to use on a racers car. Not trying to start crap, just asking.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious if you are a tuner, why you have no tunes. I have been away for a while and may have missed something. It would seem to me that a guy that went out and tuned cars for poeple wouldn't just get a random tune off a website to use on a racers car. Not trying to start crap, just asking.
No offence taken. I am new to tuning nos the NEW way,We are still a bit behind down here with tuning.My knowledge is basic on tuning nos so would not call myself a TUNER.I have tuned a bigshot single stage but not a DUAL STAGE, That i would like to tune for a friend.I could of looked on the web but would prefer to get some feed back from racers and tuners on the bullet Who actually race cars. Little worried with timing a dual stage?
Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
wla, be aware that the dual stage big shot actually switches stages instead of adding. Your first stage will switch off when you trigger the second so you can run 150 on your 1st and 250 on your second, jetted and timed accordingly off course.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wla, be aware that the dual stage big shot actually switches stages instead of adding. Your first stage will switch off when you trigger the second so you can run 150 on your 1st and 250 on your second, jetted and timed accordingly off course.
Thanks Chris Did not no that

·
Registered
765 Posts
These work good in a 3 stage app as well...I had a friend that had it wired up for 100hp on the leave, then 200hp on the second stage, then would switch the 1st stage back on for a 3 stage effect and 300hp total...it worked very well for him. If you are a tuner you can figure it out. Just start with the NOS suggested jetting and adjust your timing and jets from what your plugs are telling you. Monte Smith should chime in on this as I'm sure he can get you real close.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
It only works that way, if you wire it that way. It can just as easily be a two stage.

Stef, as far as tuning, it is just like having two big shot plates, stacked on top of each other, tune accordingly. You should have some good numbers from what I gave you before

Monte

·
Registered
174 Posts
It only works that way, if you wire it that way. It can just as easily be a two stage.

Stef, as far as tuning, it is just like having two big shot plates, stacked on top of each other, tune accordingly. You should have some good numbers from what I gave you before

Monte
Where can i learn how to wire it this way?
I am new to this and learning as much as i can .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts