Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i think this has been asked on here before but i cant remember what was said. can a person put a 3.875 stroke or maybe a 4.000 inch stroke in a 350 block? i know some knotching and a different oil pan and such. or just crap that idea and start with something different. thanks for the info guys:smt100

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
i know there has been a few guys who have built stroker sbc<s with production blocks and a 4" stroke , they used steelrods , i sure wouldn,t want to try and use a aluminum rod you,d be notching thru the panrails on the block pretty much , also you would have to run a very smallbase circle cam to clear that much stroke with aluminum rods

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
You can gain clearance by using a small journal 2" rod. Avoid anything bigger than 3.875, gets to be a real pain.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Offset grind a 3.750 arm and run small honda rod journals. should fit everything nicely.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Not really. Pick up a used eagle or GM forged stroker. Grab a set of lentz nascar etc rods off of ebay.

couple of $$ at the grinders and you have a nice light 4 inch arm that clear most everything.

seems like alot of work for a production block IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts