Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I have been thinking of going back to a progressive system on my ride for the upcoming year. My current tune up gives me a 300hp shot and the car likes it alot. The reason I want to go to a progressive is more for adjust ability. Many of the tracks I go to vary in consistency ( because its mud). What I want to end up with is about a 500 to 600 hp shot with a progressive. First off is this something I can do with a progressive controller and second what is everyones preference on progressive units. I have used the NOS progressive unit 15834 and I did like it at the time I had it. I am thinking of going with the same unit or going with the edelbrock unit. Lets here some opinions.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
edelbrock is nice, and will do the job great, but the NOS launcher gives you so much more to work with. The data logging the launcher can do is such a great tunning tool

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not crazy about bank splitting. Call me old fashioned but I think it puts different stress forces on a motor. It may seem fine on the cars coming out of detriot will fuel economy on as the main goal, but on a motor that an put out 1500 plus horsepower, I believe it an cause some damage in short order.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm not crazy about bank splitting. Call me old fashioned but I think it puts different stress forces on a motor. It may seem fine on the cars coming out of detriot will fuel economy on as the main goal, but on a motor that an put out 1500 plus horsepower, I believe it an cause some damage in short order.
Once the valve closes where does the nitrous and fuel go to from there, does it wait for the valve to open again or does it get sucked over to another hole? I'm sure it all gets sucked around in the intake, its just a smaller shot until the other bank comes on to fill the intake with more nitrous and fuel.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Progressive works just fine with that size kit. You could also use timing controls or stages/spliting anything you comment to can be made to work.

Now mud throws a different spin on things, maybe its the same, maybe different....

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
You are not old fashioned, you are a smart man! Bank swapping is people that dont know how to work on their chassis...

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
You are not old fashioned, you are a smart man! Bank swapping is people that dont know how to work on their chassis...
i dont know if i agree with this.. i know quite a few local guys who go plenty fast with split foggers and i dont think you or anyone else would go any quicker then they go now by hitting it with full foggers and setting up their car(chassis) diffferently.. now you maybe able to get the same results by doing it in another power management way(ie) progressives/launch,gear retards, ect... its more about the power management than it is them just not having there chassis set up right.. little tires will only takes so much so quick, and there are many different way to put the power to them..

with that being said i talked to a few guys who do split their foggers and although they say they have no engine issues, my pop is in the same boat as the original poster and to be honest, so is monte smith... they both think its abusive on the engine.. scotty at par racing engines also said he believes it puts the engine thru more abuse than running the foggers in a normal manner, as he too has a few customer who do split their foggers...

on to the progressives... we had 2 edelbrocke units fail on us in ga at the last race.. they just lost there minds and did some odd pausing and ramping...

we have a nos launcher in the car now and i like it alot more... i can use the lap top and plot out the progressive ramp... you can piggy back them and control 4 systems...

the edlbrocke unit did the job fine but after i had 2 of them fail one right after the other we decided to make the switch...

jay

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
i dont know if i agree with this.. i know quite a few local guys who go plenty fast with split foggers and i dont think you or anyone else would go any quicker then they go now by hitting it with full foggers and setting up their car(chassis) diffferently..
jay
I see you are a chassi guy. I had a chassi guy tell me that, the only way my customers car would work is buy doing that (bank swapping & adding a timer)...guess what?...he was wrong! We just went to a different chassi guy & he actually got under the car moved weight around, reset pinion angle, reset shocks, reset front travel & the car 60' the best ever. 1600hp at 3560lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLcxJ_GBmN0

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
i don't think u need to bank swap a big tire, back half car with wheelie bars...

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
i don't think u need to bank swap a big tire, back half car with wheelie bars...
I would have to agree! Should be able to leave on gas pretty easily.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I see you are a chassi guy. I had a chassi guy tell me that, the only way my customers car would work is buy doing that (bank swapping & adding a timer)...guess what?...he was wrong! We just went to a different chassi guy & he actually got under the car moved weight around, reset pinion angle, reset shocks, reset front travel & the car 60' the best ever. 1600hp at 3560lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLcxJ_GBmN0
Tell him to take the bars off, put 28's on it and run the same number or better...since the guys around here go 4.80's or better on 28' s with no bars..

Jay

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Tell him to take the bars off, put 28's on it and run the same number or better...since the guys around here go 4.80's or better on 28' s with no bars..

Jay
Jay, I dont know you but i can tell you are real full of yourself! Your not comparing apples to apples here.

Back to the thread, The biggest single fogger i ran with a progressive has been a .046 tune up. (Edelbrock unit)

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Jay, I dont know you but i can tell you are real full of yourself! Your not comparing apples to apples here.

Back to the thread, The biggest single fogger i ran with a progressive has been a .046 tune up. (Edelbrock unit)
lol, how am i full of myself?

more than 1 person just said the same shit as me.....

jay

1 - 20 of 46 Posts