Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting a new setup thinking about running a drag radial just wondering what is the largest size you can put on a fox body mustang without tubbing the car

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
if you have a big f ing hammer you may may be able to fit 325's if you are extremely lucky...the 295's or 315's will not fit without cutting the body front part of the wheel well and the rear part of the wheel well...275-60's generally fit the best though

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
325/50s fit...with a little "help" from a BFH!!

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
the rear end is a 9inch, narrowed 1inch on each side 52" backingplate to backing plate and the wheels are 6" bs, but I have a 1/2 in billet spacer on each side to move them out (they were rubbing the frame rails, not the stock tubs. My draglites are 5.5" bs and they fit perfectly. Wilwood drag brakes. With stock width and disc brakes, 6.5 would fit the same.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I am running 315's on my second gen camaro with no tubs but I did have to roll the fender lips.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
the rear end is a 9inch, narrowed 1inch on each side 52" backingplate to backing plate and the wheels are 6" bs, but I have a 1/2 in billet spacer on each side to move them out (they were rubbing the frame rails, not the stock tubs. My draglites are 5.5" bs and they fit perfectly. Wilwood drag brakes. With stock width and disc brakes, 6.5 would fit the same.
Thanks for the info.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
The record on a 275/60 Drag Radial is held by Chris Groves F2 SBF Mustang at 7.66 and some guys down south have been 1.25 60 footers with the Hoosiers so they do work pretty well, it's all about power management.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.