Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99LS1 with a 236/236 @.50,,,590/590 lift cam stock heads,,, will the 26lbs injectors be big enough or will it need bigger? thanks for your time TC:rolleyes:

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
You're '99 already has 26.4 lb injectors @ 58 psi fuel pressure and you're fine until you do other mods. If you do heads in the future, do some 32lb'ers while you're there.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Are you still in Evansville or have you recently moved?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stock '99 injectors are really not big enough if you do a cam and exhaust, you should do 30's or 36's. 30lb SVO's are rated at a lower fuel pressure so in an LS1 they are more like 36's.
Are they a direct plug end or do they have different efi plugs? I'm not up on what is interchangable? Thanks TC

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Are they a direct plug end or do they have different efi plugs? I'm not up on what is interchangable? Thanks TC

just get a good set of 36 pounders-

a bit more lefted in duty cycle is peace of mind if u ask me-

this is what i have-

yet to run the car but the dyno i use is indicating 440-460 rwhp on heads and cam and fast 90 and matching tb and some other stuff out of the ls1--

really good-

Thanks

Nick--

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just get a good set of 36 pounders-

a bit more lefted in duty cycle is peace of mind if u ask me-

this is what i have-

yet to run the car but the dyno i use is indicating 440-460 rwhp on heads and cam and fast 90 and matching tb and some other stuff out of the ls1--

really good-

Thanks

Nick--
I am going to put this in a 72 vega with a built 200r4, 2800-3000 lock up converter with 331 gears, I still am going to drive this thing alot on the street and some et racing, hoping to get 25 mpg and still be a 11-12 second car, maybe later on juice it with about 150 shot and get into the 10's ????? I will look for some 36's....
Thanks TC

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Yes, I'm still in this hot :smt093 :smt118 shit hole. Where are you?
N.C. but irrelevant.

It was just odd that I read your original question and had a guy come in the shop with the exact same question the day after this thread started.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
N.C. but irrelevant.

It was just odd that I read your original question and had a guy come in the shop with the exact same question the day after this thread started.
I wasn't sure if you were from around here or not and was enjoying this great weather:smt077

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
The stock ones with a cam are usually enough, unless you're really revving it to the moon and are lucky to have oen of the really strong motor's that make a bit more then the average.

If you're at the max with the stock ones, I'd just do a set of 42 lb ford ones and call it a day, that's enough for anything that you'll ever need n/a, buy once rather then twice, save $.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The stock ones with a cam are usually enough, unless you're really revving it to the moon and are lucky to have oen of the really strong motor's that make a bit more then the average.

If you're at the max with the stock ones, I'd just do a set of 42 lb ford ones and call it a day, that's enough for anything that you'll ever need n/a, buy once rather then twice, save $.
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Not a problem.

Another tip, if you get a set that are flow matched, or have the flow data with them, put the heaviest one in #7, then #8 and #5, because those are the cylinders that will run the leanest in that order. Not that it will make a huge difference, but if you have tehm tested or if the ones you get come with data you can use that to stack them so things are in your favor.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
the ones that flow the most. If you flow test 8 injectors, you're gona have one that flows more then the rest, there's always a little variance unless you spend a good bit more $ and buy a matched set.

Personally I'd get a regular set of 8, have them flow tested (makes sure they're working right before they go in the car too) and take them and stagger them in the intake, put the ones that flow the most in the cylinders that tend to run the leanest. Works for all fuel injected stuff.

Not gonna make a huge difference, but this way you can try to offset the imbalance of the intake a little bit, and sometimes that little bit may save parts.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
A quality scan tool (OTC, Modis, Tech-2, etc) with an injector balance test and a fuel pressure gauge will tell you which are the best and least flowing. This is the cheapest easiest way to "flow you're own injectors". Following what JL ws-6 is saying is sound advice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts