Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I need to thank everyone at IRP for giving us a track surface that was on kill all night long and anyone that thinks VP traction compound doesn't work on a cold track needs their head examed because we went 3.94 on a 45 degree track temp. I'm not sure how much colder of a track you would ever want to run on but Kurt, Jason and Pooch gave us a track that was killer, I would highly recommend anyone wanting to learn how to use VP traction compound call these guys up because they have a handle on it and it doesn't matter what the track temp is.

I don't know really where to start but I will start with my son Kenny, Patrick Barnhill and my entire crew for giving me a rocket ship last night every round we went to the line, they just continued to tweak it here and there and BAM finally 3.97 on a less than perfect pass (no brake calipers hung up just had to drive it some) then 3.96,3.96 and finally 3.94. This car has given me some ulcers along the way but I think we have turned the corner and under 30 runs we finally got it on the 3's which I'm highly impressed with because this car is not the cookie cutter type Pro Mod you see today because we went with the BAE Hemi, have out of the box turbos from Garrett, and the list goes on and on so we have no "go too" set up to use this was 100% our efforts as a team and when I say team I'm talking about everyone that has made it possible. Here is a list of people and associates you need to use if you want to go fast and do it quick without hurting parts.

1) PTP Racing / Patrick Barhill & Jason Lee without these guys we would be nowhere near where we are today in this short amount of time. Their knowledge from working on hundreds of cars really goes a long way when you're working with something that is different from the every day cookie cutter combo and that's when you find out how good your tuner really is. I can't thank them or my son Kenny enough for giving me a BAD ASS HOT ROD.

2) Scott Braskett Race Cars, What can I say about the work Scott does other than it's perfect and anything less he won't accept. He may be slow but I can promise you it's worth the wait. Scott also builds and maintains our motor program which has been flawless, we checked the bearing after 25 passes and they were as if we just installed them. If your looking for a engine builder that is small enough to know what you want but yet big enough to make any power level you want then Scott is your man.

3) Turbos by Garrett, These are out of the box Garett ball bearing units and if anyone ever doubts that, you can buy the turbos off my car anytime you want right after the race we are racing in and probably winning. Every time I spool the car to make a pass I know I have a safe turbo that won't blow apart and it makes kick ass power yet to boot so when shopping for a turbo what else could you want SAFE AND MAKES POWER.

4) Pro Torque converters, Joe has been one of our biggest supporters from day one when I started running his converter back 3 or 4 years ago and I'm proud to say I not only consider Joe a partner with us but I also consider him a friend.

5) Big Stuff 3, Just plain and simple thanks to John for a great product that works every pass and thanks for the supprt I gt through your dealers Patrick and Jason.

6) Diamond Pistons, Mike and the gang thanks for a kick ass product every time I order something it's spot on and looks almost too good to install in the motor.

7) Rossler Transmission, Everyone already knows that if you want the quickest, fastest and most reliable 400 you better call Rossler today and order one.

8) Magna Fuel, Robbie and the guys there have been on every motor we have ran and always will be.

9) John Marcella, He doesn't need me talking about his workmanship because the pics speak for theirself but I can tell you we have no issues with having to add fuel to certain cylenders for bad intake design and that's more impressive that the welding John does.

10) XS Power Batteries, If you haven't tried one of these light weight batteries what are you waiting for they have been proven by some of the quickest and fastest cars and motorcycles in the country.

11) VP Fuels, I hear people bitch about the price of VP fuels all the time and I always use this as a description on how I feel about VP fuels. I say if there was a insurance policy that guaranteed you that you will never blow up a motor and if you do it would pay to repair it would you buy it? Of course everyone say HELL YES... Well VP is that insurance policy when it comes to get consistant fuel and you WILL NOT hurt a motor because the fuel isn't the same as the last batch.

12) Penske Shocks, Thanks to Eric for always anwsering my calls and making a great product.

13) Ron Shearer, What a kick ass set of headers you made my man and everyone that looks at the car always comments on 2 things 1 being the headers and the other is the intake John made me.

14) Fire Core wires kick ass and do their job ever pass. I would highly recommend Rick to anyone wanting or needing a set of wires.

15) Turbo Smart wastegates have been flawless and keep our boost exactly where we want it on every run.

Last but not least First Impressions Collision for whipping up a bad ass paint job.

Below are the videos of the passes.

This is our first ever 3 second pass and I can't believe this is the run it happend on 3.97 to the 1/8th mile and [email protected] letting off to the 1/4 mile because of a nasty cross wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlEAwvuu0fg

Our 2nd 3 second pass 3.96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TvvI4Qf5HM

Our 3rd 3 second pass another 3.96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqftF6xyJbw

We saved the best for last 3.94 in the finals for the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVi0KHgfpM0

SORRY FOR THE LONG RANT...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Well Said Bill and congrats!
First off I need to thank everyone at IRP for giving us a track surface that was on kill all night long and anyone that thinks VP traction compound doesn't work on a cold track needs their head examed because we went 3.94 on a 45 degree track temp. I'm not sure how much colder of a track you would ever want to run on but Kurt, Jason and Pooch gave us a track that was killer, I would highly recommend anyone wanting to learn how to use VP traction compound call these guys up because they have a handle on it and it doesn't matter what the track temp is.

I don't know really where to start but I will start with my son Kenny, Patrick Barnhill and my entire crew for giving me a rocket ship last night every round we went to the line, they just continued to tweak it here and there and BAM finally 3.97 on a less than perfect pass (no brake calipers hung up just had to drive it some) then 3.96,3.96 and finally 3.94. This car has given me some ulcers along the way but I think we have turned the corner and under 30 runs we finally got it on the 3's which I'm highly impressed with because this car is not the cookie cutter type Pro Mod you see today because we went with the BAE Hemi, have out of the box turbos from Garrett, and the list goes on and on so we have no "go too" set up to use this was 100% our efforts as a team and when I say team I'm talking about everyone that has made it possible. Here is a list of people and associates you need to use if you want to go fast and do it quick without hurting parts.

1) PTP Racing / Patrick Barhill & Jason Lee without these guys we would be nowhere near where we are today in this short amount of time. Their knowledge from working on hundreds of cars really goes a long way when you're working with something that is different from the every day cookie cutter combo and that's when you find out how good your tuner really is. I can't thank them or my son Kenny enough for giving me a BAD ASS HOT ROD.

2) Scott Braskett Race Cars, What can I say about the work Scott does other than it's perfect and anything less he won't accept. He may be slow but I can promise you it's worth the wait. Scott also builds and maintains our motor program which has been flawless, we checked the bearing after 25 passes and they were as if we just installed them. If your looking for a engine builder that is small enough to know what you want but yet big enough to make any power level you want then Scott is your man.

3) Turbos by Garrett, These are out of the box Garett ball bearing units and if anyone ever doubts that, you can buy the turbos off my car anytime you want right after the race we are racing in and probably winning. Every time I spool the car to make a pass I know I have a safe turbo that won't blow apart and it makes kick ass power yet to boot so when shopping for a turbo what else could you want SAFE AND MAKES POWER.

4) Pro Torque converters, Joe has been one of our biggest supporters from day one when I started running his converter back 3 or 4 years ago and I'm proud to say I not only consider Joe a partner with us but I also consider him a friend.

5) Big Stuff 3, Just plain and simple thanks to John for a great product that works every pass and thanks for the supprt I gt through your dealers Patrick and Jason.

6) Diamond Pistons, Mike and the gang thanks for a kick ass product every time I order something it's spot on and looks almost too good to install in the motor.

7) Rossler Transmission, Everyone already knows that if you want the quickest, fastest and most reliable 400 you better call Rossler today and order one.

8) Magna Fuel, Robbie and the guys there have been on every motor we have ran and always will be.

9) John Marcella, He doesn't need me talking about his workmanship because the pics speak for theirself but I can tell you we have no issues with having to add fuel to certain cylenders for bad intake design and that's more impressive that the welding John does.

10) XS Power Batteries, If you haven't tried one of these light weight batteries what are you waiting for they have been proven by some of the quickest and fastest cars and motorcycles in the country.

11) VP Fuels, I hear people bitch about the price of VP fuels all the time and I always use this as a description on how I feel about VP fuels. I say if there was a insurance policy that guaranteed you that you will never blow up a motor and if you do it would pay to repair it would you buy it? Of course everyone say HELL YES... Well VP is that insurance policy when it comes to get consistant fuel and you WILL NOT hurt a motor because the fuel isn't the same as the last batch.

12) Penske Shocks, Thanks to Eric for always anwsering my calls and making a great product.

13) Ron Shearer, What a kick ass set of headers you made my man and everyone that looks at the car always comments on 2 things 1 being the headers and the other is the intake John made me.

14) Fire Core wires kick ass and do their job ever pass. I would highly recommend Rick to anyone wanting or needing a set of wires.

15) Turbo Smart wastegates have been flawless and keep our boost exactly where we want it on every run.

Last but not least First Impressions Collision for whipping up a bad ass paint job.

Below are the videos of the passes.

This is our first ever 3 second pass and I can't believe this is the run it happend on 3.97 to the 1/8th mile and [email protected] letting off to the 1/4 mile because of a nasty cross wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlEAwvuu0fg

Our 2nd 3 second pass 3.96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TvvI4Qf5HM

Our 3rd 3 second pass another 3.96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqftF6xyJbw

We saved the best for last 3.94 in the finals for the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVi0KHgfpM0

SORRY FOR THE LONG RANT...

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
That track doesnt look 660 ft.. Therefore you only went 4.01 sorry the back half numbers just doesnt seem to add up according to my calculator.....

JUST KIDDING :p Congrats!!

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That track doesnt look 660 ft.. Therefore you only went 4.01 sorry the back half numbers just doesnt seem to add up according to my calculator.....

JUST KIDDING :p Congrats!!
I totally understand lol.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Good job!

Didnt anyone tell you Bill that its faster to go in a straight line? Your probably going 800feet to get to the 660

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good job!

Didnt anyone tell you Bill that its faster to go in a straight line? Your probably going 800feet to get to the 660
LOL they have but going straight is too boring.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Congrats to the whole crew nice job!!!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Bill Congrats on the 3's I know 5's are next for sure!

BTW its Lithium Pros now not XS Power. We are a seperate company now...

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the 3's? how bout the 5's?. cmon now Billy
I would have ran it out the back Friday during the test and tune but we had a 20 to 30mph cross winds at times and I didn't feel safe trying to make that hit right then. Come this Friday at NMCA Indy we'll have it ready to roll and hopefully get that 5 second pass in the books.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bill Congrats on the 3's I know 5's are next for sure!

BTW its Lithium Pros now not XS Power. We are a seperate company now...
Thanks for the correction John still a great Battery. If I had stickers for my car I might have know that lol..

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 20 of 25 Posts