Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with these guys, i have a BS3 COP box, for two years it has not read the correct A/F under boost, a bunch of new 02 sensors purchased, sent it back 3-4 times for the $100.00 repair, went with a crank trigger, ($800.00 upgrade) still wont read under boost the a/r, i email Meaney and get a response 3 weeks later, basically saying nothing, i wrote i changed the sensor and his response is "did you check the sensor", the final email is him telling me "goodluck, sorry we couldnt resolve your issue",

what would you guys do?

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
What is the deal with these guys, i have a BS3 COP box, for two years it has not read the correct A/F under boost, a bunch of new 02 sensors purchased, sent it back 3-4 times for the $100.00 repair, went with a crank trigger, ($800.00 upgrade) still wont read under boost the a/r, i email Meaney and get a response 3 weeks later, basically saying nothing, i wrote i changed the sensor and his response is "did you check the sensor", the final email is him telling me "goodluck, sorry we couldnt resolve your issue",

what would you guys do?
Contact Patrick Barnhill 614.554.0713 , or Joe Opalowski (ProCrew) Hit them up they will get this resolved for you. They will truley try and help fix this issue they are both good guys

·
its blingtiffic™
9,829 Posts

what would you guys do?
Who did you buy it from? I'd start there.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought it from a vendor on tech that is not in business anymore, what happens is if i stay at 10-12psi of boost it reads fine, if i go to 20-25 psi it drop and reads dead lean, 14.1, 3 new sensors and a swapped good sensor still no luck, i even moved the located a bunch of times with no improvement. the box is a DAI cop setup lsx.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
i bought it from a vendor on tech that is not in business anymore, what happens is if i stay at 10-12psi of boost it reads fine, if i go to 20-25 psi it drop and reads dead lean, 14.1, 3 new sensors and a swapped good sensor still no luck, i even moved the located a bunch of times with no improvement. the box is a DAI cop setup lsx.

Maybe you are lean at the higher boost levels?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ No its not lean, sometimes in the middle of the log it will actuall start reading acturatly for a short time, it goes 14.1 then 10.9 for a split second then back to 14.1. on the dyno it reads 11.0 the entire pull on E85

·
Registered
950 Posts
Where is the sensor located in the pipe ?

Do you have mufflers on the car or straight collectors ?

Sometimes if you do not have enough back pressure at the sensor it will blow right by and give a bad reading . Try putting a 2ft piece on exhaust on the sensor side and see if that helps .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow this thread has me kinda worried.....I am looking into getting a bs3 for my car but if the customer service isnt there (whish is a big deal anymore)....Then I am not even going to bother....keep us posted and leave us know how it turns out.
Thanks

·
Eddie Haskell
7,849 Posts
^ No its not lean, sometimes in the middle of the log it will actuall start reading acturatly for a short time, it goes 14.1 then 10.9 for a split second then back to 14.1. on the dyno it reads 11.0 the entire pull on E85
may I ask what changed on the configuration from when it was on the dyno?

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Wow this thread has me kinda worried.....I am looking into getting a bs3 for my car but if the customer service isnt there (whish is a big deal anymore)....Then I am not even going to bother....keep us posted and leave us know how it turns out.
Thanks
Customer support should come from the dealer you purchase the system through, thats what we are here for.

·
-----------------
3,683 Posts
BS3 customer service is crap. I understand its really not their responsibility to teach people how to tune, but at the very least they should handle problems pertaining to their shit. With that being said, I will recommend XFI to anybody that asks me.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
may I ask what changed on the configuration from when it was on the dyno?
I read it as the Dyno's wideband showed that A:F, not the BS3's.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Where are you located? Who was the original dealer? The support comes from the dealer not from Meaney. If you don't want to make it public feel free to PM me.

As far as the "lean" readings under big boost...is it possible that it is misfiring?

Dennis

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
is your sensor or sensor wire up against something?? I had a car on the dyno that would do the same thing.. ended up that the 02 was up again the tranny pan and when the motor would torque, it would "short" it out.. we moved it to the outside of the collector and problem solved..

1 - 20 of 104 Posts