Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i might change my mind from running a big single turbo to going twins, i havent finished the setup yet and already changing my mind. which turbos would i need? what size, a/r, trim, and what exhaust housing (t6 or t4). im wanting to spin the motor to 7500 rpm and looking for about 1200 hp with room to grow.
wastegate size????

info
1/4 mile car
dart lil m block 4.185 bore
ross pistons
grp 6.0 aluminum rods
crower 3.75 bad a$$ crank
afr 227 or bigger head (235-245 still 23*)
xfi bs3 or holley dominator efi
turbo 400 trans
9" rear with 4.30 right now but i need to change to ?????

car
1967 nova wagon full 25.4 frame/cage
fourlink wishbone back and a arm front end
33x10.5w tire
hopefully around 2800-3000 race weight

im a newb to turbos so any info and suggestions will help out a ton
thanks guys :-D

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Solid pair of 76's to start will easily make 1200rwhp with room to grow. T4 S400's, also GT42's as well as PTE and Tnetics all make 76's. Really depends on the space you have and budget you have.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
twin 76s or twin 80s would work very well for your combo and give you plenty of room to grow.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Twin in the size or 70mm~80mm would do. 70's would get to your goal and a pair of 80's could get you over 2k.
What happened to the single? Didn't you have a 101?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Single V-Band 76 to get up and moving. Once you have everything dialed in with what you have you can move up to an 88 or 91. You can make ~1200hp on an efficient 76 setup and if you can't you shouldn't be moving up to bigger. Single keeps the cost down same with V-band housing so you don't have to worry about t4 this or t6 that.

That would be my route especially if you don't even have the car up and running, aren't building it for a class and haven't even made over 1000hp yet. It's better to start off with a setup that's fairly simple to get down and make efficient then work your way up instead of balls to the walls first time out, otherwise you'll be constantly chasing your tail and wondering why people with less are leaps and bounds ahead of you.

YMMV

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a turbonetics thumper 101mm. but from my understanding twins are more efficent and are badass. i might just stick with the big single but just wanted to see some options ya know.
thanks guys

Twin in the size or 70mm~80mm would do. 70's would get to your goal and a pair of 80's could get you over 2k.
What happened to the single? Didn't you have a 101?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
How compact are you looking? Got any limits on the size?? 8", 10" or 12" diameter or length?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Turbonetics TC76s I got from Forced Induction are super compact

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
i havent gotten the car back from the chassis shop yet, but im still going to run a big radiator and everything up front so im not going to have tons of room. i might be able to fit them somewhere behind the front tire also, i will have to get some measurements/pics next time im at the shop

1 - 17 of 17 Posts