Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still learning more and more everyday from you guys on here and I really appreciate all the help that everyone gives. Here are the plugs that I made one pass with a 555ci BBC with 14:1 NGK R5673-10 plugs gaped at .035. The plate was set with 102/110 jets which NOS says a 325 shot. I pulled 8 degrees of timing from 39 total in a 7al3 box. The fuel pressure was set at 6 psi on the gage never did flow the fuel. What do you think?

Thanks, Rob

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
hell I might even close the plug up to .025
like QIKLUV said the more info we have the better.
everyones engine is different,I went through my log books here tonight and this was my final set up.but big shot plate for a dom. on my 15 degree sbc. ended up with 102/102 5.25lb fuel press. pulled 11 degrees from a 32 base and 950 bottle pressure

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep fat...5.5 fp and a 102...

could you give more info on your motor.. elaborate as much as possible
555ci Dart 360 heads flow 400 and 300 @ 800 lift Edlebrock Victor intake with pro system 1350 carb, 4.500 bore with non nitrous pistons, I know the ring gaps are per nitrous application from the engine builder. Sorry I cant be more accurate, all the paperwork is at work.

Motor made 903 hp on the dyno

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
well just off the top of my head and memory,,,those are the wrong plugs....and look way too short
r5973-10 are a short reach plug .460 reach
r5671-10 is the .750 reach plug for the dart 360 head.

just changing this will make a big diff in the tune, the plug would then be inside the chamber..

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
well just off the top of my head and memory,,,those are the wrong plugs....and look way too short

just changing this will make a big diff in the tune, the plug would then be inside the chamber..
I kinda thought they looked to short.I'm a small block guy but I run the .750 reach in my -12's and a r5671-11 plug.

·
Super Moderator
12,231 Posts
They do look like there's some extra fuel on them ?? If they are to short and back in the hole, it may effect this a little ??

Also, you said, "The fuel pressure was set at 6 psi on the gage never did flow the fuel." Not sure if I'm reading this correctly but if you set it dead headed, it may not be as high as you think ?? Needs to be checked flowing...

Last, can't tell if that's a real dark shadow or the timing mark almost around the bend ???? ;) But if it's showing that much timing heat I would be very careful dumping fuel out of it. You might want to dump a little timing before you go to the fuel ?? just my two cents.. SJ

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
I am with Steve on that too.I cant see the strap real well.Like I said I pulled 11 out of 32 with that jet .I would rather pull to much timing at first and sneak it back in slowly.

on a side note, Steve I have a new performer rpm plate for a Dom. will I find the jetting Edelbrock gave me close or will I end up squared like a nos plate?I am new to this little plate...:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I had the longer plugs in at one time and these heads are not the new Dart 360 but old ones and I closed the gap on a couple of plugs on the dyno so we went with the shorter plugs.

·
Super Moderator
12,231 Posts
The RPM is a pretty nice set up and seems to run pretty good with the Edelbrock base line tune up. Just like anything else though, you may find for your set up it may want a little fine tuning.. thanks, SJ

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They do look like there's some extra fuel on them ?? If they are to short and back in the hole, it may effect this a little ??

Also, you said, "The fuel pressure was set at 6 psi on the gage never did flow the fuel." Not sure if I'm reading this correctly but if you set it dead headed, it may not be as high as you think ?? Needs to be checked flowing...

Last, can't tell if that's a real dark shadow or the timing mark almost around the bend ???? ;) But if it's showing that much timing heat I would be very careful dumping fuel out of it. You might want to dump a little timing before you go to the fuel ?? just my two cents.. SJ
I have the Product Engineering fuel system on the car with the return system that they have. Im sure you have seen this set up. So I don't think that Im dead heading right? Anyways I plan on getting a flow gauge that I can check that with. On my list to buy.....

Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What heads are you running? We use R5671A-10's in all our conventional headed engines.
They are Dart heads. They are old ones and dont really know which ones they are. I have have them flowed and cc. Thats why I call them 360's

They are stamped 360 on the front of the head but I think someone did that. But maby not?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
just to add more confusion, i have a set of later 360's and use the longer plug. ngk 4554 which is the r5671a-8 and r5671a--10's on spray. i gap them at 30 never had a problem. the only real difference between me and most of you guys is im not shooting as much nitrous but shoot it on true 93 hess. also had a big shot plate. when i had mine flowed a little whileback i beleive they flowed 410 and 304.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.