Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to go with for @2000 hp?

Are the guys tearing the main webs/cam tunnels up in the Iron Eagles all crank driven blower guys mainly or all the bigger power stuff?

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Compacted Graphite Iron. It's a special order option from Dart.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there aluminum ones that are better option? Ive always liked iron vs alum being more stable with big power stuff, but Fuel cars and big pro mod stuff, all aluminum. Because easier to build a from scratch architecture or?

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Yep, those are all billet aluminum, not cast. The main reason is that they can create an endless amount of custom options. It's also stronger than cast aluminum, easier to repair than iron and way more expensive.

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
I've only hurt one when I asked for it. I filled the last one up with water in #2 and cracked it from the splayed bolt on the cap all the way to the cam bearing. I run gasoline. I'm not sure if methanol causes more stress?

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Not sure about methanol vs. gas but I doubt it. Crank driven blowers can pull hard enough to do damage. I saw a turbo engine crack the center mains once. Turns out the problem was that the crank had only 6 counterweights and was flexing too much in the center.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts