Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Why don’t they ever turn off the nitrous before they get out of car so it don’t burn to the ground
what makes you think the bottle valve is within reach? and even if it is another 3-5 seconds turning a valve off is not first on my mind, sorry but if I see big fire like that right in front of me my first thought is get the hell out and away to save my ass!

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,130 Posts
Why don’t they ever turn off the nitrous before they get out of car so it don’t burn to the ground

Got me thinking. Wonder if someone can come up with a safety device that seals the supply line during excessive heat from a fire. Like the glass tube on a fire sprinkler. Obviously it'll be difficult with the environment and pressures it'll be in.

Needs to be cheap enough that ppl actually will buy and use.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Could a valve be utilized that would seal off main line if an exponential difference in pressure is detected amongst a short time period. The largest orifice used to meter nitrous flow cannot flow equal to a line with no obstructions. When an unobtrusive amount of flow is detected valve will close.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Looks like the fuel pump was left on as well......Had to be some fuel there for
the flames to take off like they did.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is it my imagination,or was Something was amiss when they were sitting there purging it through the motor? I say that by the way it was popping out of the exhaust(late).Probably should’ve backed out at that point? Anyway, in hindsight..what do we think caused it? Retarded timing? Trying to spray too much at too low rpm’s? Cold motor/intake? I want to build a N2O car..but shit like this makes me want to go turbo or supercharged. Wonder if a fire suppression system would’ve saved it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it my imagination,or was Something was amiss when they were sitting there purging it through the motor? I say that by the way it was popping out of the exhaust(late).Probably should’ve backed out at that point? Anyway, in hindsight..what do we think caused it? Retarded timing? Trying to spray too much at too low rpm’s? Cold motor/intake? I want to build a N2O car..but shit like this makes me want to go turbo or supercharged. Wonder if a fire suppression system would’ve saved it?
Too many variables. With the shot sizes these guys were probably running a simple misfire or knock could've caused a backfire, then it just becomes a chain reaction.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
As soon as I watched the video I knew it was that car would be having the issues. well 60 seconds later(what a terrible fucking video by the way) I was right.

too many what if's on a car like this. this is obviously a low budget build. judging by the guys sweat pants and hoodie I'm sure he wasn't up to all certs needed. We're assuming... or you... are assuming that everything is set up the way its supposed to be in a race car when if you've ever seen a grudge car you know that don't give two shits about safety

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,907 Posts
I don't care how slow or fast a nitrous car is, any that I have plumbed had a 1/4 turn valve right next to the driver! I also put the nitrous filter right in front of the valve to keep any possible trash from ever getting to the valve.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Ball valve within reach should be a rule. I had a bad crash last summer that had a good fire. Fire system then ball valve off. Took 2 seconds then got my ass out. Nothing should be more important then getting out.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
what makes you think the bottle valve is within reach? and even if it is another 3-5 seconds turning a valve off is not first on my mind, sorry but if I see big fire like that right in front of me my first thought is get the hell out and away to save my ass!
I would assume anyone racing at a higher level than your average street car with 150 shot would have a 1/4 turn valve. I have my 1/4 turn and gauge next to my shifter. I open it after my burnout. it takes 2 seconds to close it if I have a nitrous back fire or something is going wrong. Close the valve, kill power, unstrap and get the fuck out.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I would assume anyone racing at a higher level than your average street car with 150 shot would have a 1/4 turn valve. I have my 1/4 turn and gauge next to my shifter. I open it after my burnout. it takes 2 seconds to close it if I have a nitrous back fire or something is going wrong. Close the valve, kill power, unstrap and get the fuck out.
You're making a lot of assumptions for a guy that was probably wearing a single layer jacket helmet and blue jeans at best. Never seems to me that grudge and safety go hand in hand

1 - 20 of 27 Posts