Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to start a big inch (565-632) pump gas nitrous motor. want to put as much compression as possible yet still run 93 octane pump gas to cruise and 93 octane rocket brand for racing. have 2 pro race foggers and will look to spray 300-400

this will be in a 3800 lb street car, drag radials, etc.

questions:

1)does an open or closed chamber head work better?

2)what compression can I get by with?

3)what piston recommendations could you supply me with?

4)any cam suggestions?

as usual thanks for all the support I have recieved on YB!

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I would like to ask a couple questions to help fine tune what you are looking for.
1. Street car,, are you talking about a daily driver or something you don’t put many miles on.
2. 1 Carb, 2 carbs or EFI?
3. Is there a budget? (Money always has something to do with horse power)
4. When you spray would you be willing to bump the fuel up to something like C12 or C16?
5. Are you starting with a clean sheet of paper or are there parts you already have besides the pro race foggers you would like to use?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to ask a couple questions to help fine tune what you are looking for.
1. Street car,, are you talking about a daily driver or something you don’t put many miles on.
2. 1 Carb, 2 carbs or EFI?
3. Is there a budget? (Money always has something to do with horse power)
4. When you spray would you be willing to bump the fuel up to something like C12 or C16?
5. Are you starting with a clean sheet of paper or are there parts you already have besides the pro race foggers you would like to use?
something I don't put hardly any miles on

single 1050 dominator right now

as always as cheap as possible not going to buy a crate motor gonna piece it together myself

yes will use c16 minimum

all I plan to use right now are my big brodie heads unless I am recommended not to, and my twin pro race fogger intake

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
build a 565 with OPEN chamber heads and a flat top piston. its got good CH and tons of companys make pistons for it. plus, if you deside to do away with pump gas its pretty eash to make compression with that motor.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I personally would do a 4.500 stroke motor for the street depending on bore size it would end up over 572 cubes. I like the 4.5 stroke I think it works nice with pump gas and also works well with nitrous. 632 is too big for the heads you have, you won't see the full potential of the motor, and 565 is well to say the least "there is no substitute for cubic inches. There is no difference in price between a 4.250 stroke or a 4.500 stroke crank but you gain some power. That combo works well wit a single carb and also likes add-on power parts later on down the road. keep the compression down to around 10 to 1.that way you could run 93 pump gas without a problem and then spray the hell out of it with a fuel change.

·
Senior Frog
10,443 Posts
If you wanna run fast with nitrous you gotta run race gas.....
.02 . .
Unleaded lacks the race fuel "goodness" and propertys
that ward off detionation and lead is a plus too
Im sure the FUEL dealers could better tell ya...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.