Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Definitely a step in the right direction. All the control arms need to have adjustabilty and should probably be rod ends at this point. If the car has any "roll" at the hit, an ARB might be a good investment at the same time.
yes i have an ARB and multiple holes in lower control arm bracket i hope it will half ass act like a 4 link suspension then

·
Registered
143 Posts
you didn't say if the 10.5 was a radial. my 89 fox does 1.21 60ft at 3000lbs , 55% on the nose, 275 radial , I run 175lb x 12in. front springs and 85lb x 12in. rear springs. I think your springs are too stiff

·
Registered
68,939 Posts
I dont know the IC and anti squat % bc i have no adjustments on the upper and lower control arms they are still in the stock location on my 93 foxbody, combo-582 BBC(1000hp) with 2 sp pg with 4.30 gears..rear spring-130lbs..the front has coil over struts with 325lbs spring on them
My first impression is that your spring rates are too high / stiff.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
you didn't say if the 10.5 was a radial. my 89 fox does 1.21 60ft at 3000lbs , 55% on the nose, 275 radial , I run 175lb x 12in. front springs and 85lb x 12in. rear springs. I think your springs are too stiff
im on a 10.5w slick..i had 200lb springs on the front b4 and they bottomed out to where i couldnt hardly get any kind of movement out of the front to transfer..it would b time to change the rear springs out rite now with the rear out

·
Registered
68,939 Posts
front or back?
Both
Also, I'd really look at upgrading the front struts to DA pieces. What does your car weigh? Do you know the F/R weight bias?

What is the height of the front springs? When you had the 200lb/in springs installed, could you get any bounce in the front end?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Both
Also, I'd really look at upgrading the front struts to DA pieces. What does your car weigh? Do you know the F/R weight bias?

What is the height of the front springs? When you had the 200lb/in springs installed, could you get any bounce in the front end?
the car with me in it 3100lb on the scales at the track i havnt ever had it on 4 corner scales..14in springs when i had the 200lb springs with almost no movement on the front end and now i have 12in springs on the front(per team Z recommendations) on the front end..what lbs springs would u recommend front & back?

·
Registered
16,346 Posts
the car with me in it 3100lb on the scales at the track i havnt ever had it on 4 corner scales..14in springs when i had the 200lb springs with almost no movement on the front end and now i have 12in springs on the front(per team Z recommendations) on the front end..what lbs springs would u recommend front & back?
I'm 3400 race ready. 52% F and 48% rear. Aluminum block LS w/ big heavy (45#) BW turbo and a custom built rad (street car) that with the fans weight 42#. I am 350# springs front w/ Afco da's and 150# springs in the rear with Afco da's. leaving on 10 psi it 60's 1.25's on a good track (275 pro) and I have 3 tunes that leave on more power, but the the day we were testing, the timing was down. So I know it will go down the track that that way, just don't know the exact 60' numbers

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm 3400 race ready. 52% F and 48% rear. Aluminum block LS w/ big heavy (45#) BW turbo and a custom built rad (street car) that with the fans weight 42#. I am 350# springs front w/ Afco da's and 150# springs in the rear with Afco da's. leaving on 10 psi it 60's 1.25's on a good track (275 pro) and I have 3 tunes that leave on more power, but the the day we were testing, the timing was down. So I know it will go down the track that that way, just don't know the exact 60' numbers
i bet that thing will get on down, im hoping i can throw more fuel at mine when i get threw with my chassis mods and it will hook on a dirt road maybe lol

21 - 30 of 30 Posts