Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting here in hopes of minimizing the comedic responses (yeah, right). I didn't see Garlits at Indy (via ESPN). Did anyone else?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why wouldn't he "honeymoon" at Indy??? I wonder why he didn't "take up" with Shirley, she's available :)
LOL! I think it was '83 or '84 at the Winternationals (AHRA) here in Tucson. They raced, he won, and she claimed he crossed the centerline. She had the mic and was blasting him over the loud speaker. She said he got the win just because he was part of AHRA. I don't remember if he was still part of the organization or not at that time.

·
Registered
11,678 Posts
Well i'm certainly not going to begrudge my hero "Big" on that. He certainly was devastated by the loss of Pat and I think his new attractive younger missus was a reporter for the local paper who fell for him after interviewing him. Look at the pic, he looks better than he has in ages.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Everyone has their opinions. I have only admiration for Don Garlits and the things he has done. As far as his personal life is concerned, people move on and I am glad to see him look so happy. He looks great for anyone in their 60's much less his age. I can say first hand that he was very kind to me when I was a kid and would see him at the races.

Man hands? Really? Don has the man hands and she looks great. It is pretty classless to talk down about another man's wife outside of you being blind.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Look what happened to him at Bowling Green this season. I don't blame him for staying away from big events when the ignorant bastards ruin his personal property at these events.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The man is unquestionably the greatest drag racer of all time. everything he accomplished came from the space between his ears, and most of his cars were built by himself. Honestly, I was a little surprised that he remarried so quickly,but his personal life is certainly no business of mine. She's a fine looking woman,good for him.

·
Registered
21,090 Posts
OMG she has man hands ...lol
Spoken like a true turd of a GM freak

Yup

............. I have only admiration for Don Garlits and the things he has done. As far as his personal life is concerned, people move on and I am glad to see him look so happy. ................Man hands? Really? Don has the man hands and she looks great. It is pretty classless to talk down about another man's wife outside of you being blind.
X100

The man is unquestionably the greatest drag racer of all time. everything he accomplished came from the space between his ears, and most of his cars were built by himself. Honestly, I was a little surprised that he remarried so quickly,but his personal life is certainly no business of mine. She's a fine looking woman,good for him.
Pretty much sums it up, Yup First time I saw him race I was around 18, now I'm 67. He's had an incredible life, and may not be done yet!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts