Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
fuel pump is the easiest to do..yea it leans it out..but its all in tuning to keep it alive for 1000'.

on another note....the shut down area.
ever see the safety nets that pop up when a jet over runs on a carrier deck?..
yea yea i know more $$$ to be spent by the track owners..it's just a thought.
Its amazing how everyone is so worried about safety now...

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
I dont get it...

A freak accident happens where a car hits a pole and then a camera boom...so everyone wants to slow the cars down now?

Why not make so that you cant hit a pole or a camera boom at 250mph by moving those items AWAY from the track?

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
I agree with you Jeremy. Jeggie was on our local radio talk show in Columbus before Norwalk, and Kalitta was brought up. He basically said it was tragic and he felt for his family and all the racers that cared about Scott, but this is drag racing, and if you didn't think everytime you strapped in your car you have the chance to die, you've got blinders on. It doesn't matter how fast the car is, this is a dangerous sport.
BINGO! And i bet connie kalitta realizes that just as much as anyone. If he felt differently, i highly doubt hed have been at the next event sending cars down the track at 300 mph!

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Why not just have a remote trigger for the damn 'chutes? Say it automagically fires them at the end of the track unless the driver presses a button to over-ride it on an aborted pass...

The problem isn't the speed it's the inability to stop in the event of a driver blackout.
Kalitta was CONSCIOUS. His chutes deployed, they just didnt blossom.

A remote trigger will do nothing more then increase the chance of the chutes deploying, just like scotts. They cant make the chutes blossom.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Just a thought here. I am old enough to remember when the jet and rocket cars were killing a bunch of guys. A speed limit was imposed. Instead of giving the crew chiefs an obstacle to overcome like taking away fuel,compression boost etc. Set a speed limit at 300 m.p.h. Break the speed limit...You lose. Simple as that! Then crew chiefs will use all that brain power in the desired direction??
Do us all a favor, and DO NOT continue to think like this.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHRacer
I agree with you Jeremy. Jeggie was on our local radio talk show in Columbus before Norwalk, and Kalitta was brought up. He basically said it was tragic and he felt for his family and all the racers that cared about Scott, but this is drag racing, and if you didn't think everytime you strapped in your car you have the chance to die, you've got blinders on. It doesn't matter how fast the car is, this is a dangerous sport.

I definitely agree....although I do believe as stated previously that a portable catch-net system developed to be deployed by safety personnel would be a huge advancement in stopping a runaway car.
Rick
And what happens when said employee doesnt deploy this net on time, or properly?

And what sane person is going to sit at the end of a track ready to immediately deploy a net to stop a burning car going 300 mph?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.