Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 565 BBC Iam thinking of going with s480s for my twin set up. It's 8.5:1 compression with merlin 320 heads. Precision says I need 7675. This is a street car and Iwant pump gas but will run a mix. What kind of lag or lack of lag will iI have with the s480s. Or is there a better turbo in the same price range I should run on this motor. And does anyone know it stainless works turbo manifolds will fit my 68 Camaro I'm looking for good throttle response and make power to get into th mid 8's in Street trim.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The s480's and the stainless works should both work great for your deal. Contact Chris at Midwest turbo/CRT Performance for both.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
That many cubes will spool a pair of BW S480's on pump gas with no trouble at all. Make sure the remainder of the drivetrain can hold up to 1500+rwhp though, you'll eclipse that number with not much effort. Also x2 on gettin' a hold of Lil' John at LJMS.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Yes, lil john can hook you up. I'm running the Stainless Works up and forward headers... they are too tall in my opinion.... I cut mine down around 3". You can check out my build and see what they look like in a 2000 corvette to give you an idea. Very nice quality header though! Best of luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your suggestions I will call Lil John Monday and what ever he says is what I will do I just want to be safe and use a company that has done it before and stands by there product. I see a lot of people saying that LiljJohn is good. I thank you all for sending me in the right direction

·
Registered
611 Posts
i am doing almost the exact same build (565, in a 67 firebird). I was originally going to do a 106 but packaging it all is getting to tight so once it sells going to BW 80mm with 96 wheel 1.32 A/R. Spoke to John about it already and just waiting to move the turbo to order them.

My only question/concern is your heads seem small for the size of the motor. I believe 509-540's use 330-340cc heads, i am running 360

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the heads are some that i already had it makes 580hp to the wheels now and that was before i had heads ported there were just bolt ons when it dynoed at 580

·
Registered
110 Posts
Reed Patridge at Work Turbo charges is the man and a good friend! Very honest and down to earth guy with great customer service! His work is second to none and has also worked with BW on developing there turbos! Good luck and sounds like a sweet build!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts