Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the planning stages of building a new drag radial car. Let me hear what you guys are running in your big block Chevy turbo combination. Stock or Aftermarket block, what block modification. Camshaft specs and explain why you went with that cam. Cylinder head mods such as special seats, valves or guides. What types of rings and gap? What is maximal boost levels can I run with a BB Chevy on alcohol? The vehicle will also be efi and twins turbos.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Aftermarket block is a must. With the right turbos and fuel system 40 psi with methanol will work. As far as the rest of the combo IMO there is not one perfect combo and alot of different choices that will work. What your racing and engine building backround newbie?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been building blown alcohol top sportsman and pro mod engines for years but new to turbos.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I had to ask as from time to time new guys come on here with no engine building backround and want to put together a 1500+ hp street motor.
What are the rule limits on the class you want to run as far as engine size and fuel go?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking to run in the low 7's, weight 3000 with maybe 632" with twins and a power glide.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its funny you say that, I have a Bruno 3 speed Lenco with Chance Converter air shifter and a super power glide to try. I'm still trying to find the secrets on the big block because I know several Yellowbullet members are running a big block with turbos.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Its funny you say that, I have a Bruno 3 speed Lenco with Chance Converter air shifter and a super power glide to try. I'm still trying to find the secrets on the big block because I know several Yellowbullet members are running a big block with turbos.
what secrets are you looking for.

tuning a twin turbo beast is critical but wont matter much is your chassis isint up to snuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts