Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody see the newest issue of Super Chevy. There is an article where the're building a 700 hp 454 for $2,403.00. They "started" with auto recycler 4-bolt 454 for $85.00 on a dicount day. I think this is total bullshit, what do you guys think???

·
Registered
9,057 Posts
our local pick a part out here gets $175.00 for a complete BBC, thay also have 50% off whenever it rains.. cheap engine...

·
Registered
846 Posts
I had to read that article twice, thought I missed something the first time. Appears to be nothing but a plug for cheap parts.
700hp :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I have seen them around here for 250 once in awhile. Rebuildable cast crank 2 bolt motors are about 750 to 1000.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,113 Posts
LOOKS LIKE THEIR PLAN WORKED.....YOU GUYS BOUGHT THE MAG!:)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I read them at the store as well. Will have to check that one out. BTW Those Super Chevy PHUCKS are a pesky bunch when it comes to calling all the time. Well used too anyways. See I asked nice like for 10 or so odd times then used my trusty phone sales person removal tool.

A phucking air horn! The can o air type from Wally world work magic!

Seems to work rather well I might add as they and certian other X inlaws never call anymore.

·
I kill parts
10,101 Posts
last two stock 4-bolt blocks I had were given to me, so $85 seems plenty, lol. At the same time, we couldn't get $2500 out a complete fresh 2-bolt with flat-top pistons, worked closed-chamber heads, a decent flat-tappet cam, and an aluminum intake.

It all depends on the market and the circle you run in.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
last two stock 4-bolt blocks I had were given to me, so $85 seems plenty, lol. At the same time, we couldn't get $2500 out a complete fresh 2-bolt with flat-top pistons, worked closed-chamber heads, a decent flat-tappet cam, and an aluminum intake.

It all depends on the market and the circle you run in.
I sold a 2 bolt 427 for $1,500, ghuy put the same bearings back in it after tearing it down to check it out. Need like three guides

·
Registered
103 Posts
All depends on ,"the right place at the right time", I was GIVEN a 4 bolt 454 in a motorhome, but was unable to pull it, so it went to the bone yard, sucks, wish I had it for my malibu.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The only way I see this built costing $2500 is if they used Sanford and Sons machine shop, and the parts were supplied by Procomp.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
it can happen we here in az have the junk yards have half off days and if they dont know what their looking at ( junk yard workers) ive gooten parts for my truck like fenders and shit for like 25 bucks so ya there is a budget build out there its jus people think they need expensive parts to build power..

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Never get one for that in my area, but some places I guess you can. That 700hp is with nitrous, so the cover blurb is a little decieving. It's more like 500hp, plus some spray.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
shit victory by me is $375 with a core on anything

1 - 16 of 16 Posts