Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on a new connection design that could be used to retrofit existing intake manifolds without welding and use a milspec -ORB style connection and also maintain the projected tip similar to the original o-ring style injectors. The problem with the existing threaded blower style injectors is that they were -6 and there is not enough thread engagement depth and the injector could be blown out of the bung if the engine sneezed or pops back in the manifold. We have also changed the inlet connection from the blower style threaded injectors to a -4AN male that gives us much better fitting selection. There are also fuel distribution blocks available in a -10AN feed, -8AN return with 8 -4AN distribution ports. We are also working on a 16 port block that will be available soon.

I will be offering retrofit services to machine the injector bungs with the correct form tool that cuts all critical dimensions, thread the holes, mount the distribution block and plumb the injectors back to the distribution block. I will offer options if you want to handle the plumbing yourself. The plumbing I am planning on using will be the new floralastomer lined hose and crimp style fittings approved for use with all fuels. We should have parts and be ready to start building injectors by Jan 1 at the latest and I am accepting pre-orders now. Here's a picture of the sample I have with me at the PRI Show.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This connection style will be offered on the entire lineup from 160-800LBS/HR.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does your distribution block have a built in pressure regulator?
No sir. It is pretty compact so you have more mounting options. It is basically a stacked or multi-tier "Y" design to have the best flow balance as possible. I will try to get some pics of it posted as soon as possible. Thanks for all the interest and PM me for pricing or email me directly at [email protected].

·
AMP Racing member
3,423 Posts
Very cool.
What booth are you in? I’ll stop by tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very cool.
What booth are you in? I’ll stop by tomorrow.
Just going around like everyone else and showing the new design to everyone that has a need and can help expand sales potential. We ended up leaving Friday night after the show due to bad weather in the mountains on the way home. We drive out every year and the weather doesn't always cooperate. Sorry if I missed any of you at the show. Currently driving thru snow in mountains of VA.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Each fitting is actually sealed internally by two premium floralastomer o-rings. The fitting is secured to the injector body with a small pin just like every other premium -AN/-ORB fitting made. A standard fitting only has one internal o-ring and with two used in this design I don't see one ever leaking. I have never had any other fitting leak in that way. If there is ever an issue it will be taken care of. The fitting components are designed and made by Goodridge who is one of the industry leaders in very high quality race car plumbing components.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I legit dont understand why every injector isnt like this...how many people have burned their shit down from rail lifting. Good stuff

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What does this add to the cost of the injector set? I may sell my 550's and upgrade
Thanks for all the complements guys it took a lot of time and effort for me to figure out a solution to this problem that will work for virtually every cast, sheet metal or billet intake made without welding or otherwise damaging the finish of an existing manifold. I intend on giving an additional discount over my normal one if I get the retrofit work on the manifold. I am also going to offer a turn-key solution that will be completely plumbed with Earl's Ultraflex premium components.

The additional cost per injector is $31.00 This is the direct cost Jack pays, he doesn't make anything off the components and neither do I. It is passed on directly to you at cost. The parts are made by Goodridge and at these numbers simply not cheap so the best we can do is be as fair as possible.

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
2,784 Posts
The additional cost per injector is $31.00 This is the direct cost Jack pays, he doesn't make anything off the components and neither do I. It is passed on directly to you at cost. The parts are made by Goodridge and at these numbers simply not cheap so the best we can do is be as fair as possible.
Awesome! You guys rock.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
in the middle of building a new intake
do you see an issue using your retrofit setup injector and putting 90 degree double swivel an female to male npt into the rail fed off the side ?

·
Registered
765 Posts
in the middle of building a new intake
do you see an issue using your retrofit setup injector and putting 90 degree double swivel an female to male npt into the rail fed off the side ?
Pretty much what Steve Morris has been doing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts