1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glidden 4.222 @ 169.52
Kirk 4.422 @ 169.52

Oh hell yeah!

"Glidden sat in the pre-stage forever… Kirk finally rolled in & turned on both bulbs, then cut the tree down with a .010 light, but it still wasn’t enough to stop the Glidden rocketship, again re-setting his own National ET record!!!!"

http://www.adrl.us/index.php/main/insidepage/race/32/

g

·
Registered
22,722 Posts
As I said before this fits Billy's type of racing like a glove. Great job very nice pass and I bet if this continues you might see a few more small block 5 speed sticks next year LOL....

·
Registered
923 Posts
In the final it looked like Steve did not mean to light both lights, and it may have thrown him off - Bill was right on him - when Steve staged, Bill was right in, and had a great light. The MPH they report doesn't match the scoreboards either, as I recall Steve was 7-8 faster.
I race dragsters, this was my first 10.5 race ever - what a cool deal! Yesterday was the best time I have had in years at a race. Thanks to YB for getting my attention to this stuff, and also to Bill and Shannon. Got to talk to 'em a while, and they are great people. He wins because he flat works harder. Y'all have something great here.

·
Registered
500 Posts
BG's cheating. He has working headlights on a Pro Stock car.:smt082:smt082:smt082
He's the man!
Halogen headlight fluid is worth .2 according to people in the know.:rolleyes:
Way to go Billy & Shannon. Hard work pays off

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
In the final it looked like Steve did not mean to light both lights, and it may have thrown him off - Bill was right on him - when Steve staged, Bill was right in, and had a great light. The MPH they report doesn't match the scoreboards either, as I recall Steve was 7-8 faster.
I race dragsters, this was my first 10.5 race ever - what a cool deal! Yesterday was the best time I have had in years at a race. Thanks to YB for getting my attention to this stuff, and also to Bill and Shannon. Got to talk to 'em a while, and they are great people. He wins because he flat works harder. Y'all have something great here.
Kirk had an .010 light. I dont think he was thrown off.

·
Registered
923 Posts
That's the question though - how can he have that light and yet Bill was big-time out on him? I think they mis-reported the numbers. Looked to us like BG flat treed him AND outran him. Wasn't just that he had a quicker short time - it was a certified ass-kicking.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
That's the question though - how can he have that light and yet Bill was big-time out on him? I think they mis-reported the numbers. Looked to us like BG flat treed him AND outran him. Wasn't just that he had a quicker short time - it was a certified ass-kicking.
A .99X short time will play tricks on you!

Say kirk had a 1.09. That is a full tenth.

Kirk could have went .010 and Bill could have went .110 and theyd have been dead even at the 60ft.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts