Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I have read the threads and know where to get the seaL kits. I need the wear plate, vanes and the seal kit.

Does anyone sell the wear plate?:cool:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Agreed.... Buy a Weldon pump and be done with it. I sent my 280 back and it cost almost 150.00 to have it rebuilt after only about 100 miles of street driving and dozen passes. BG pumps just suck!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
2 Holley blues would be better than the BG.......
your real smart !! bg 400 4 years old supports 900hp and a 38 nos pill in a fogger low 8`s at 170mph in a 3500 lb car try that with two holley blues o ya it`s street driven 2 or 300 miles a year

·
Registered
486 Posts
your real smart !! bg 400 4 years old supports 900hp and a 38 nos pill in a fogger low 8`s at 170mph in a 3500 lb car try that with two holley blues o ya it`s street driven 2 or 300 miles a year
OK..... Eddie Millers duster, 2 20+ year old holley blue pumps on 2 1150 Dom's made over 1900 RWHP on motor on the chassis dyno and has ran 7.93 with, I hate to say it, a BG 250 on the NOS side. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Agreed.... Buy a Weldon pump and be done with it. I sent my 280 back and it cost almost 150.00 to have it rebuilt after only about 100 miles of street driving and dozen passes. BG pumps just suck!
They work fine when they are used in the intended application but here once again is somebody trying to use it in an other than intended for application and then wanting to bitch about it.

BG280's are a short duration race only pump and are not designed for continual use on the street nor were they ever marketed for such.

If you use the wrong pump in the wrong application you have nobody to blame but yourself.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had 2 BG400 pumps. Neither has leaked and they both performed great. Just need the parts. Wear plate, pro stock spring, seals and vanes.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
OK..... Eddie Millers duster, 2 20+ year old holley blue pumps on 2 1150 Dom's made over 1900 RWHP on motor on the chassis dyno and has ran 7.93 with, I hate to say it, a BG 250 on the NOS side. :rolleyes:
1900RWHP???? I call BullShit.. That dyno musta been at the bottom of a Greased Mine Shaft..

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have had 2 BG400 pumps. Neither has leaked and they both performed great. Just need the parts. Wear plate, pro stock spring, seals and vanes.
As you are aware we do not sell those parts over the counter but neither do our competitors other than the seals.

The pro stock spring is available but will not work in the 280 as it is internally bypassed and a completely different size/style of spring just as a heads up.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As you are aware we do not sell those parts over the counter but neither do our competitors other than the seals.

The pro stock spring is available but will not work in the 280 as it is internally bypassed and a completely different size/style of spring just as a heads up.
Tech, check your pm.

·
Registered
829 Posts
check racing junk. that is where i bought the seal kit for my bg400. havent had many problems with it yet, but the customer service sucks @ BG. next time it leaks im taking it out back and using it for target practice. BG can suck my cock!
george

·
Registered
835 Posts
check racing junk. that is where i bought the seal kit for my bg400. havent had many problems with it yet, but the customer service sucks @ BG. next time it leaks im taking it out back and using it for target practice. BG can suck my cock!
george
You mean when you don't get your way and want to cry about it now you want to blame customer service.

There have been plenty on this board that have been helped by us and we will continue to help those we can. There have even been quite a few that got their pumps repaired for free when we had them over 7 days and others who had their pumps fixed for less than they expected.

I think Barry summed it up best on here a couple of years back when he responded to all the whining going on by those like yourself.

"Those of you that don't like me - Barry Grant doesn’t suck - you do."

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Proof that if you use BG products, you get what you deserve. Might as well use Procomp. Just send it to them and get yourself ready. :-Yap

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Both BG customer service and TechBG have helped me in the past year. Stop listening to the whiners on here and form your own opinion.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You mean when you don't get your way and want to cry about it now you want to blame customer service.

There have been plenty on this board that have been helped by us and we will continue to help those we can. There have even been quite a few that got their pumps repaired for free when we had them over 7 days and others who had their pumps fixed for less than they expected.

I think Barry summed it up best on here a couple of years back when he responded to all the whining going on by those like yourself.

"Those of you that don't like me - Barry Grant doesn’t suck - you do."[/QUOTE]

Geeze after reading this what would make you think BG's customer service sucks ? hummmm

1 - 20 of 31 Posts