Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is it worth repairing? The housing on the inlet side had been eaten up by the blades as well as the liner. It also froze up melting the armature down. I'm thinking it would probably be best to replace it but I know one of the BG techs is on here frequently. Maybe he could chime in!

·
50Sick
2,999 Posts

Is it worth repairing? The housing on the inlet side had been eaten up by the blades as well as the liner. It also froze up melting the armature down. I'm thinking it would probably be best to replace it but I know one of the BG techs is on here frequently. Maybe he could chime in!
Definitely MagnaFuel 1800 321 7761

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thinking

I was thinking replace it myself, It's on my other car, so I can pretty much do whatever to it. Not so important it be the same setup on this car.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope

Nope, it got the housing as well.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nope, it got the housing as well.
Depending on how bad it is, they might be able to work out an exchange with you. That looks like a pretty old pump looking at the style of rotor. In the past they would work out an exchange for a rebuilt pump in these type cases. Check with them, and see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
941 Posts
magnafuel prostar500 and be done. i own 3. one on the car 2 spares. i've loaned out the spares to buddy's that their pumps quit,1 BG and 1 aeromotive. the one on the car is 2.5 years old and no problems.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts

read this post and ask yourself with the amount of shit they have been given even by me-

would u send your pump their?

i would not even if they were the last fuel pump joint open on earth-

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67179&highlight=barry+grant+sucks

Thanks

Nick--

·
Read Only
0 Posts
the barry grant guy is here, PM him and ask him.

i guess you missed this thread last week:
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67179&highlight=barry+grant+sucks
Its like that screen door swinging open and banging shut in the wind in a old black and white western movie....... Hello, hello.... can you hear me now.....

Throw it away before it does someone harm. Its just a fuel pump right....
See the BG sucks thread. :)

Dont PM him! Ask him in front of everyone.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
If it hasn't got into the body, they can replace the Delrin, and vanes, and rotor. Won't cost anything to have them look at it...

HAHA you poor dumb bastard! I cant believe you actually said that!!!
You obviously have NEVER dealt with them.

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
Ive got a BG400 on my car for the carb..its been on it since i bought the car in '01(it has only 20 runs on it and didnt get used until '05)..no leaks but after replacing the gauge on the pump (so i could read it) im only putting out 13lbs of pressure at the pump ..ive taken the bypass apart numerous times tried to shim it..didnt...and then just spread the spring out....all that and still 13 psi at the pump...seems to be holding 10 psi at the gauge off the regulator now(10 psi is the only pressure it will stay stable at)..if it holds up till winter ill save the coin and put on a magna fuel 500 if not ill find the money and buy one sooner! Oh and there regulators....dont get me started..lol

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
If its still under proper warrenty I would have it repaired but if not
REPLACE...........With Product Engineering or Magnaflow....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts