Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Age of Acquiescence
32,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
For the wife, I can see that being an issue. Hence the 4wheel appeal

Me, I would rather have industrial grade, lifetime built. We have boys too.

Might get a little one for her as well for when Im not around, but thats later

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Oh no! Wheel barrows? I hope that Sand Man guy doesn't see this. He freaked over a thread about a broken drill not being gearhead enough, so a wheel barrow for moving pavers will surely cause his head to burst into flames...

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
my jackson 1 wheel is probably close to 25 yrs old.. I've changed the tire once and the handles once, from just leaving it in the elements.
Mines about 35 years old. There's a reason contractors buy Jackson, they last. No fancy handles, no plastic tubs, no bells and whistles. Just a good ol wheelbarrow...

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Depends on what you are doing with it. I have a steel single wheel that I use for mixing concrete and moving stone, but a big Rubbermaid composite with two wheels that is great for carrying tree cuttings to the burn pile. I use the big plastic one way more than the little steel one. Both have their purpose.

I did notice at Home Depot the other day two new wood handles is about as much as just buying a new wheelbarrow.

·
Age of Acquiescence
32,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Main purpose right now is mixing up Paver Crete for the paver patio edge retention

Cant seem to find Perma Edge

·
rodent aviator
7,330 Posts
Main purpose right now is mixing up Paver Crete for the paver patio edge retention

Cant seem to find Perma Edge
HD sells poly mixing pans for concrete. About 24"x48" and 8" deep. I mention it because you may only use it once for mixing concrete but they work awesome as an oil change catch pan. Diesel trucks may hold 12-16 quarts of oil and that won't fit in a typical 6-8 quart oil change pan.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
HD sells poly mixing pans for concrete. About 24"x48" and 8" deep. I mention it because you may only use it once for mixing concrete but they work awesome as an oil change catch pan. Diesel trucks may hold 12-16 quarts of oil and that won't fit in a typical 6-8 quart oil change pan.
Great idea. I'll bet you could modify it, too, put some handles and a wheel on it and it'd be mobile!

Buy a wheelbarrow for 'crete and a bigger pan for oil changes. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: skwerl

·
Age of Acquiescence
32,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
HD sells poly mixing pans for concrete. About 24"x48" and 8" deep. I mention it because you may only use it once for mixing concrete but they work awesome as an oil change catch pan.
I have one. Used it for my mortar (concrete n sand) bed slope in my mud pan shower. I have 2 large oil pans that have drain caps already, so good there

I kinda just want this to be mobile so Im not draggin a big ass shovel with quik crete all around my new sod and paver patio setup.

Wife has been naggin for this, last thing I need is more of a pain in my ass 😂

thanks for the input either way.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Wheel barrows with two wheels in the front make about as much sense as cars with one wheel in the front. On anything but a smooth surface, having one wheel allows you to choose a path around holes and bumps and of course allows you to place a piece of lumber on the ground or over a ditch or onto a truck or trailer bed.

And yeah an inflatable tires does a lot as far as absorbing bumps and preventing damage to grass.
I00% disagree, gal at Lowes talked me into a 2 wheel Craftsman that was on sale. After the weekend I went back and bought three more. Rarely have to negotiate mine fields and such, just waaaayyyy more stable.

Love them to death.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I00% disagree, gal at Lowes talked me into a 2 wheel Craftsman that was on sale. After the weekend I went back and bought three more. Rarely have to negotiate mine fields and such, just waaaayyyy more stable.

Love them to death.
What did she look like?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I got a large ACE hardware two wheel one like this but blue Ace Poly Wheelbarrow - Ace Hardware

Works fine for dirt/leaves/brush/wood But the wheels didn't last long even tho I kept it inside my polebarn. I bought some solid foam type wheels on ebay that seem to be working great. I never tossed anything heavy or sharp in it to break the plastic and it has held up, other than the wheels I'm happy with it. I like the two wheel design vs my old one wheel.

·
Regulator
36,649 Posts
The best one I've ever seen had a Messican pushing it!!

·
Registered
29,416 Posts
You can always go to Home Depot and hire two or three really cheap day workers to carry them.............. :p

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
You can always go to Home Depot and hire two or three really cheap day workers to carry them.............. :p
Wheelbarrows don't come back for your shit after dark.

·
Registered
18,205 Posts

Love them to death.
I like the 2 wheeled version also. When my single wheeled one rotted I decided to try a 2 wheeled model. For my use it was 100% better. My yard has a lot of uneven ground and a boat ramp down to the canal. On the boat ramp the 2 wheeled model can be parked sideways and is stable. The single wheel is treacherous on slopes like that.

Truth is most of the hauling around my yard is done with a lightweight 16 x 4 flatbed trailer. It's like a portable workbench around the property. I used to hitch it to my 97 Ranger but got rid of that and now use my little John Deere "tractor" to haul it. Much easier to maneuver with the JD.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts