Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Age of Acquiescence
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Registered
Just stay away from poly buckets. It doesn't get that cold in N GA, but I tossed a couple large rocks in mine on a cold day, broke the bucket. I caught a deal at Lowes on one of their higher end models with steel bucket and solid rubber tire. It's been a good one.

Age of Acquiescence
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Registered
Jackson. Almost all contractors here buy Jackson. If you're serious forget the two wheeled wheelbarrows. Single wheel is way easier to maneuver, plus it only needs one ramp to go up a curb or other obstacle...
Shit I missed that. 1 wheel yes.
Just made coffee, lol.

Titanium Member
The plastic belly ones are nice,until you throw something sharp and heavy into them,like a large rock or concrete.Mines cracked six ways and all of them are bad.

Registered
Wheel barrows with two wheels in the front make about as much sense as cars with one wheel in the front. On anything but a smooth surface, having one wheel allows you to choose a path around holes and bumps and of course allows you to place a piece of lumber on the ground or over a ditch or onto a truck or trailer bed.

And yeah an inflatable tires does a lot as far as absorbing bumps and preventing damage to grass.

Registered
Another vote for the jackson.
Steel tub and a single pneumatic wheel.
This, although there's 50 kinds of wheelbarrow for a reason. "Best" is subjective. If you're hauling pavers and shit around a large facility, the steel tub is a must but if your old lady is working in the flower garden, just get the cheapest POS you can find.

Age of Acquiescence
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The pavers are on pallets and got delivered. Those are right at the project. This is more for dirt, paver gravel, paver sand, etc as needed to areas within a new project

I like a larger cu ft of space. I dont want a little shit. I did see that gorilla cart used in a few paver "how to" videos.

I will also look into the Jackson brand. Dont think I have seen that yet

Senior Moment
Jackson. Almost all contractors here buy Jackson. If you're serious forget the two wheeled wheelbarrows. Single wheel is way easier to maneuver, plus it only needs one ramp to go up a curb or other obstacle...
everything this guy said

Age of Acquiescence
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Good? Or do you recommend steel handles for the best longevity?? I am kinda a "one and done" buyer for life.

Reactions: ratssass

Senior Moment
my jackson 1 wheel is probably close to 25 yrs old.. I've changed the tire once and the handles once, from just leaving it in the elements.

Reactions: BIGBALDGUY

Registered
We have broken through 2 poly wheelbarrows moving rocks. Now, I primarily use my tractor loader but still have an AM Leonard with the steel tray (much heavier than box store), single wheel that has held up nicely.

time to go racing yet ?
jacksons are nice but heavier so your not only pushing a heavy load your pushing a heavy wheel barrel, i have one of the single wheel tractor supply ones, thinner metal and im sure it wont last as long as jacksons, but its lighter and works well for around the property.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts