Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Plain & Simple
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a week of vacation,so figured I'd take on this project.

The garage floor is not only dirty,it has oil stains on it as well.What is the best way to go about cleaning the entire cement garage floor?

Thanks!

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
I just cleaned mine -I took out everything that wasn't bolted down-and used a garden hose attachment sprayer-I sprayed everything down with Clorox outdoor house wash/bleach-then rinsed that out and it dry a good bit-then sprayed some heavy duty degreaser decarbonizer-and scrubbed that into the floor and then rinsed and squeeged that out,next day I went to walmart and bought a few quarts of indoor outdoor battleship gray porch and patio/floor paint-wasn't too expensive,and looks great,you can also try an epoxy paint-but the price goes up quick for expoxy,unless found on sale

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
use a heavy duty degreaser and a hard bristle brush to scrub. home depot sells a brutally strong concentrate in 5 gallon jugs, its ZEP brand and it looks just like purple power but about 5 times stronger. a pressure washer is also pretty handy. if youre going to paint it afterwards use cement etcher after its clean.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,661 Posts
JUST BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL NOT TO GET IT ON YOUR PERSON.....

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I get 1 bottle full strength of Jungle Jake (simple green) mix with 8 gallons of water using a mop bucket I think mine is.

Dump out contents a bit and scrub the floor with a stiff bristle push broom. Then hose off section.

When that is all done I use a big bottle of pine sold and mix the same and mop again.

I like the smell of Pine Sol in a shop walking in. My first shop I worked at did it like that also.

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
Get the stuff made by Zep. Its in powder form. Wet floor...sprinkle powder on floor. Let stand...then scrub floor with a stiff brush broom. Rinse off then let dry or squeegee. Then stand there and stare at your brand new floor! Yes it works that good!

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,561 Posts
MURATIC ACID
x2

or do like i did a few weeks ago , i drop a lead acid battery and the fucker broke ..... concrete is nice and clean , and etched now .....

also , they make a product called phosporic prep and etch , sold at lowes and HD in the paint isle its made for cleaning concrete

·
Registered
16,579 Posts
Tide powder laundry detergent. Wet floor. Sprinkle on tide. Let it sit. Scrub with a hard bristled broom. Let it sit. Hose it off, let it dry.

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
Try to find TSP at a paint or older hardware store and follow the directions.........This is the "base" that most speciality cleaners use.
Add some bleach for super clean concrete.

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
Muriatic acid vapors will make any steel surface rust like you never thought possible....SERIOUSLY. Any thing within 20 feet of were you are doing work shit will get wicked fucked up. Be careful...PPE is a must.

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Beer, make sure to have plenty of beer. It doesn't do a damn thing for the floor but it'll make the job a little more enjoyable.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts