Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been holding pulling the chute due to the fact that I don’t know the best way to pack the thing. Now at 153 mph it’s getting hard on the breaks and the end of the track comes up fast. I have a Stroud chute with the pilot chute. Any helpful tips would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Glenn don't be modest about stuff like this when you're at the track. We're talking about your safety man!

Don't ever be afraid to ask someone at the track how to do something like pack a chute! Everybody had to learn tasks like that at some point and most everyone I know would be happy to teach a fellow racer how to do it. And of course you can always call the manufacturer.

That is a task that is not easily explained over the internet... it has to be learned by handling the hardware! My recommendation would
be to pull the handle at your shop and have someone show you there when there fewer distractions. That way you can practice loading it several times before you are at the track.

Good Luck !

g

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
1. run your fingers between the straps from the sock to the chute to make sure there not tangled
2.grab each of the pletes of the three sides at the end of the chute and make sure there not inside out.
3.once you have them seperated,lay them down on the ground keeping the straps tight,then fold the sides of the canopy lenghtwise on itself once.
4.starting from the end ,fold the canopy in a zigzag manner roughly the size of the bag width,then place it in the bag
5.place the straps in the bag from side to side until you get close to the sock.
6. load the launchbag in the chutebag ,set the cable and pin until flight...

this is for a air or spring launcher type chute..

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
sorry I didn't see that you had a pilot..

do 1-4 then grab the strap and fold it in the same width that you folded the canopy until you get to the sock,
then place it in the bag strap first then canopy,then place the pilot over it and before you load the spring tread your string through the lacing loop then compress your spring and loop the bag up and set your cable.. loop the top of the bag last so it doesn't send the pilot down on deployment..

·
Empress
1,928 Posts
Walk around the track. See who has the same type chute and ask them to teach you.

Pull the chute when you are at home and practice.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
ASAP hang it up

Release the chute from the pack and hang it by where the pilot attatches the chute and allow it to relax. Throw it in a milk crate to transport and pack it before your first pass. Ready for use.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
To make life a LOT easier, after I got all the shroud line untangled and straight and got the canopy pieces layed flat nice and neat, I took a sharpie and labeled the lines where they attach to the canopy 1 to 8 and the lines where they joint together at the car 1 to 8.

Now I can get the lines sorted at the car and walk it back to the canopy and get them in order quick and easy. if you have to toss the chute in the trunk or hatch or something after a pass before you get to the pits, it can get tangled and inside out pretty easily. this helps GREATLY!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your help. Looks like I should not be afraid to ask more questions from racers. The Simpson video was great. Right from the start of the video I felt that I was not the only one who did not want to pull the chute. I have packed it a few times today in the trailer and will do it again during the week. Again thank you all.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Thank you all for your help. Looks like I should not be afraid to ask more questions from racers. The Simpson video was great. Right from the start of the video I felt that I was not the only one who did not want to pull the chute. I have packed it a few times today in the trailer and will do it again during the week. Again thank you all.
No problem. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts