Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas on how to raise money for a track? I already have one investor,but still do not have enough money. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Our track did a deal that was called the $500 club. If you donated $500.00 bucks your name went on a plaque thats displayed , plus you got free enrty to all events for 3 yrs when the track opened. They also did a $1000 dollar paving fund, basically you purchased a few inches of the drag strip, you got a certificate stating where you part of the track was.

It worked they built the track and we now have the Rocky Mountain Nationals

·
T/S 368E
33,405 Posts

Do the stock deal.
It will be easier to find 1000 guys with some money, then 5 guys with a lot of money.

Or if you really want to keep the investors to a minimum, you will need to spend money and have every cost laid out.
You will need a professional business plan, so guys putting up big money know you have a clue.
Land needs to be found, contractors, management, sanctioning body, schedule/program, etc.
They will want to know what you plan to do for generating income.

Good luck, hope you make it!!

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Try for a government grant, maybe Hussein Obama will give you some money to create or save some jobs.........

·
Registered
223 Posts
Spooled up ..........I don't think Edm is a good example. Rob Reeves is all about $$$$$ not the racer.
It is very very tough for a track to show returns for an investor.
Would i put my money there NEVER ! would I support because I love the sport ..... yes all day long !
The track is about the track manager most of the time, from what I have seen. I race all of NW USA
and Mission BC fantastic people except Edmonton sorry to say that but that track treats racers the worst of all the races I do all
summer!
So if your going to build a track make sure your PR person is good, very good. Treat the racers good and the more cars will come.
Providing it is in a larger racer area. Then spectators will show pay attention to the ADRL format. Free Free Free tickets but pay for parking and 3.00 beer!

·
T/S 368E
33,405 Posts

They just tried to get a track built south west of RT 66 a couple of years ago.
We were going to buy $50,000 in stock, and I was very excited to help.
Even if it was a wash, I just wanted another track south of the city, and it was worth the risk to me.
Well they never got enough money, and I think it was because it had such a high minimum buy in, $10,000??

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Spooled up ..........I don't think Edm is a good example. Rob Reeves is all about $$$$$ not the racer.
It is very very tough for a track to show returns for an investor.
Would i put my money there NEVER ! would I support because I love the sport ..... yes all day long !
The track is about the track manager most of the time, from what I have seen. I race all of NW USA
and Mission BC fantastic people except Edmonton sorry to say that but that track treats racers the worst of all the races I do all
summer!
So if your going to build a track make sure your PR person is good, very good. Treat the racers good and the more cars will come.
Providing it is in a larger racer area. Then spectators will show pay attention to the ADRL format. Free Free Free tickets but pay for parking and 3.00 beer!
Sorry to hear you have had bad experiences at our track, I know the manager and will let him know. Can't say anything will change but you never know. I've always been treated very well there as a racer.

·
T/S 368E
33,405 Posts

How about a lounge/club at the dragstrip!!
That way guys can race during the day, and watch boobies bouncing all night!!!
All winners are paid in singles.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

How about a lounge/club at the dragstrip!!
That way guys can race during the day, and watch boobies bouncing all night!!!
All winners are paid in singles.

The old Gateway used to have a nightclub right next to the track. Do some racing, then hit up Stages for the after hour fun. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts