Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should be looking at 825-860 fwhp on the motor, going into a 4000lb car, was thinking bout a built c6 with a transbrake but figuring that it'll cost about 2+ grand to build and if i break it once, im in lenco territory for cost. would like to go stick but thought running auto could help me out of the hole on the brake. it will be run on the street, the track is 15 miles from where i live and its all highway so not much stop and go. thought about a d&d t56 built for 1200hp so i could run OD on the highway and maybe get more than 2mpg:rolleyes: and thats in the 6g range. im looking to get something that i shouldnt be too worried about breaking until i go to my next stage for motor which will be a turbo bbf aiming for 1500hp. thanks for your input

·
Registered
199 Posts
go on 460ford.com you'll have to join, then search for Frank Merkl. He's out of alberta, canada and builds a bulletproof C6, not sure of the price though. He also builds his own transbrake valve bodies and says his C6's will take anything you can throw at it.

His car sports one of his own C6's and its a BBF that he's turning 8,5k and in the mid 7's @ 187 in the 1/4.

Hope this helps, Kory

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
TH400 with a couple upgrades if you want something less expensive.

·
Registered
664 Posts
sure I'm a newbie but not a newbie at C6's here an incar of my C6 on a 7.60 @186mph pass
URL=http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g266/fmerkl/?action=view&current=incab.flv]
[/URL]

Frank

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
C-6 is a great trans!!! nice video frank!!

·
Super Moderator
19,379 Posts
sure I'm a newbie but not a newbie at C6's here an incar of my C6 on a 7.60 @186mph pass
URL=http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g266/fmerkl/?action=view&current=incab.flv][/URL]

Frank
C-6 seems pretty good and only gets away a few hundred on the 2-3.
I assume its full of aluminum with that quick neutral at the end?

How long does it last before needing repair? What ratio are you using?

Hutch

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hi Hutch , the data logger shows no flair on the shifts, as far as the internals all the drums are factory ,SCJ direct with 8 red altos and kolenes ( .063" ones) . 2 1/2" Red alto flex band . As far as service - a new band needs an adjustment after 10 passes and 25-30 passes after that , clutches seem to still look good after 200 passes but we've been changing them at 200 , the front planetary pinion thrust washers seem to take abeating so at 200 I replace the front planetary with another good used one .And the trans is rollerized. The Transbrake VB is one that I designed myself years ago and have been selling for years
Frank Merkl
Brooks ,Alberta

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
ALL FACTORY DRUMS!?!?!? damn!! i have a tci aluminum direct, with 8 clutches, special 2 1/2" band, billet servo and apply lever, tranzking valvebody, deep pan, 300m input shaft, rollerized, teflon rings,special 2.29 1st gear, and 1.66 or 1.69 2nd. stock pump with coated gears, stock output shaft. with the aluminum drum, i dont get any flair on the 2-3 shift, and it seems to last pretty good. i take it apart every 150 passes give or take.. it has been in the truck since before dragweek last year, and i have run it a few times since, and it is still working fine right now!! frank how does a stock drum live in that thing?? very interested!!!

·
Super Moderator
19,379 Posts
Seems to work very well for you. I have a pretty good ear and I hear a flare. Im amazed that it lives that long with that heavy drum in there and better yet im even more amazed that the huge ass cast drum has not ejected from the case with you throwing it in neutral at the top!!!! Did you redesign the manual valve or complete VB to be able to get enough line pressure to make the trans live but still be able to move the shifter?

Hutch

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
x2

·
Registered
66 Posts
if i recall after that pass it was just before adjustment . Ill let my old man chime in on line pressure and you will be amazed how low it is

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
very interested.. i may need a spare soon, so i might try his valvebody, and some stock parts, for a good spare.. thanks

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
any info is appreciated!!:cool:

·
Registered
66 Posts
it is a early casting manual valve body with mods cant remeber the casting numbers . he seems to be quiet so far so ill let him tell what he wants

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
does he sell valve bodys?? i am interested in 1...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts