Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

I'm researching throttle body fuel injection for my 83 Cherokee. There are at least five different vendors in the mix, Edelbrock, Holley, Fast, Atomic (MSD) and Professional Products.

If you have experience with any of these systems, or know someone who has, I'd like to hear your thoughts? I read a recent article in Car Craft on the subject and they ranked the Fast system, followed by Holley, Edelbrock and then the Atomic. The problem is with you read some of the customer reviews of the Fast system on the Summit Racing website, those who have used it, were less than enthusiastic about the Fast system.

I want a system that will control the fuel, ignition timing and possibly the shift control of a 4L60e transmission. The engine is an AMC 360.

Your comments are appreciated.

MarkB...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had the FAST EZ EFI system.... I went back to a Holley carb because my cam and only location for the O2 sensor (side pipe collector) meant I changed the O2 sensor more often than the oil (which was a lot since the every time the O2 sensor went it'd run the motor pig rich)

With that said, the EZ EFI is exactly that - ez if you have a stockish motor, generally it's a "tell it what it's on" and it'll set itself. With that said, setting the A/F ratio on the EZ system is more "suggesting the A/F ratio" because it will ignore whatever you want it to be whenever it feels the need.... there is no changing tables because there are no accessible tables.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts