Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here so please bear with me. I am building a 350 sbc for use with an edelbrock perf rpm nitrous kit set for 200hp and was wondering what is the best single plane as far as distribution and power production. It is going in a monza with a stock hood and I am running an rpm air gap now with a 75hp shot from the performer kit that was good for [email protected] in 5300ft air, 3000 lbs, stock rear suspension bending the torque arm up into the driveshaft on the launch but still managed a 1.50 60 foot with 26x10.5 et drags. Sorry for getting off the subject but any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
I don't like any out of the box but if you are keeping the stock hood you are very limited by height and out of all the short intakes I can think of the old victor would probably work the best, remember edelbrock has about 25 "victor's" now so get the righ one

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running 23 degree heads .... sort of, they are the original trick flow twistd wedge intake @ 13 degrees ex @ 23 so i am looking at 23 degree intakes and I can't run anything taller than a victor jr. and I really dont want any type of hood scoop because I like the "speak softly and carry a big stick" mentality :twisted: . What about the team g 7530 or 7532. I was also looking at the victor E it is the same height as the jr. but has a deeper plenum. I don't plan on spinning it any higher than 7000rpm so I don't need anything too radical.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used a ported Edelbroc Super Victor (part # 2970)with a 1050 dominator
on a 23 degree 406 chevy with good results. 3000lbs, 225hp Nos plate,
8.90's-153. (10.5 tire)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Get one of those "Cheapie" Professional Products single plane intakes, its pretty much the same as the GM bowtie but its cast in China, you'll save about $100.00 then you can take that $100 and put it towards some porting.

One of these Chevy websites flow tested them all and it was one of the top 3 highest rated.

I'd personally use a Dart/Wilson intake but for the buck you can't go wrong with the Professional Products piece.

Tom Cowle

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have a bowtie intake and with my limited knowledge i would say it for sure needs ported out of the box the port dividers almost come to gether in the floor and i would think this would give a good place to pool.i am sure it was cast with a lot of meat to port with or it's junk.LOL some guys i know that build circle track motors use the pofessional products intakes and always have a couple of hot cylinders but can bolt a out of the box victor jr on and the problem goes away.i am sure that can happen with any out of the box unported intake.they think the intakes are great for the money.as said on here many time you get what you pay for.thanks jason

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you're gonna spend the time/money to port it, the Pro Products intakes are OK. If not, they have about the worst casting quality I've ever seen in my life. I'd stick a Vic Jr. on it personally.

-Joe Smith
Lukovich Racing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Professional Products all the way! Casting quality is some of the best out there! Edelbrocks' are low grade sand cast with core shift and porosity problems. Professional Products use high quality permanent molds for consistent, non porous castings. The Hurricane is a Bow-Tie clone with lots of meat for custom porting. RPM Air Gaps are done by about 6500. Hurricane, out of the box, will pick you up 1.5-2 tenths. Plus you got it for under $150.00!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts